This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Vail Festival is showing some performances free on Facebook Live. Right now, it's a free concert in the park by Colorado Ballet. Tuesday night is an all-Star Fancy Free and Serenade, although I'm not sure if they're showing the paid performances on Facebook. Here's the link:

9 pm PDT it's an insanely energetic kids ensemble.  Big fun!!

9:15  Colorado Ballet, pas de trois from A Fairy Doll.

9:30  Didn't catch name of choreographer -- work to Hallelujah.

9:35  excerpts from Swan Lake  (and just as she's doing the big sissones a little kid on a bike rides by.  it's a perfect moment.)

9:50 Don Q pas de deux. 

Edited by sandik

I attended both of the "international" evenings this weekend.  Both evenings were wonderful - almost too much to take in!

I loved the couple from the Royal - they were clear standouts for me.  I also really enjoyed the new ensemble work evening II, and I always enjoy the movement of Lil Buck and colleague.  Just read the review in the NYT, which doesn't mention Lil Buck, which is unfortunate.

The opening number on Friday with the kids and Bill Irwin was also very special - what a great opportunity for the young ones!

mom2

Thanks so much, California, for these tantalizing clips. So much energy and joie de vivre! Wish I could have been there. Tiler Peck, always the best, and Lauren Lovette, so musical, fluid, and wonderful to watch. I'll have to remember to select at least one evening this season where she will be featured. 

1 hour ago, mom2 said:

I attended both of the "international" evenings this weekend.  Both evenings were wonderful - almost too much to take in!

I loved the couple from the Royal - they were clear standouts for me.  I also really enjoyed the new ensemble work evening II, and I always enjoy the movement of Lil Buck and colleague.  Just read the review in the NYT, which doesn't mention Lil Buck, which is unfortunate.

The opening number on Friday with the kids and Bill Irwin was also very special - what a great opportunity for the young ones!

mom2

I just wish the couple from Royal had the opportunity to dance with other dancers.  I like the way the dancers from different companies have opportunities to perform with different people.  Most of the dancers who perform together in Vail have very little opportunity to rehearse together until they arrive in Vail.  And, of course, some of the contemporary pieces are being choreographed throughout the week.  I think it makes for a very interesting show.  

its the mom - I agree, it would have been great to see the Royal dancers partner with some from other companies.  I did quite enjoy the cross-company partnerships that we did see.  Imagine it is quite difficult to put everything together in a short period of time - at altitude I might add.  I can't believe they did Tarantella - (gasp).  A cardio challenge at the best of times.

Rebecca King and Michael Breeden were in Vail, and they conducted a number of interviews.  Some are full-length, and others are short bonus content from full-length interviews that will be added in the coming months.

Intro

Full length interviews:

Ron "Prime Tyme" Myles

Carla Korbes

Claudia Schreier

Bonus Content:

Matthew Neenan

Patricia Delgado

Unity Phelan

Calvin Royal III

Tiler Peck and James Whiteside

Alastair Macaulay