This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Jacob's Pillow 2017

I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I'll do it here:  Jacob's Pillow is celebrating it's 85th: 

FESTIVAL 2017

We’re planning a momentous 85th Anniversary Festival Season including powerhouse ballet company Miami City Ballet, legendary modern dance ensemble Paul Taylor Dance Company, UK-based artist Aakash Odedra, 2016 Jacob’s Pillow Dance Award-recipient Camille A. Brown, and Japanese-born artist Eiko Otake in a special, site-specific piece during a limited engagement on the Pillow grounds. Look out for our full season announcement this December.

Join us this summer from June 17-August 27.

On 11/26/2016 at 11:59 PM, sandik said:

Do you suppose Ted Shawn thought the festival would last 85 years?  What an accomplishment!

Yes, it is, Sandik!  And what a terrific festival it is, nestled in the Berkshire Mountains.  I was there last Saturday for the Miami City Ballet matinee and they were great. It was my first time seeing them.  The program was Allegro Brillante (which is also being performed by NYCB at SPAC this season, so it will be interesting and fun to see two companies perform the same work in such a short space of time), Barber Violin Concerto and Polyphonia.  I was particularly impressed with Polyphonia, but found each ballet on the program quite delightful and enjoyable. This is the second time I've seen 'Barber' and so appreciate Peter Martins' choreography much more than I did the first time I saw it (with NYCB).   It's quite intricate choreography, although I still don't have a sense of what he's trying to actually say in the piece, except to pair and unpair unrelated dance styles, perhaps?  I'm sure this work has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, so when I have some time, I'll visit some of your posts.