This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

MCB Program I: Giselle.

Actually...while I really choose the Albertson/Cerdeiro as the couple that REALLY moved me this season...I must say that Rebello/Lauren was the most technically proficient. They looked LOVELY together...and Rebello finally can be paired with someone else other than Arja-(due to being VERY short). I am thinking...maybe the asterisks were referring to their debuts this ENTIRE season...? I didn't attend any other performance in Broward other than Albertson/Cerdeiro-(I really wanted to repeat), so I am not sure if they even danced there. Rebello also did the 32 entrechat sixes here. His big thing seems to be his petite allegro footwork. He would be a WONDERFUL James i bet.

Edited by cubanmiamiboy
9 hours ago, Birdsall said:

They looked the part which helps...

Yes indeed. I also loved him in the peasant pdd. So much potential here. He would be a natural Bluebird.  BTW...I REALLY miss Roy's and Jack's posts. The MCB forum is very thin now. Jack sort of gave up after Catoya's departure. ?

Edited by cubanmiamiboy
23 hours ago, cubanmiamiboy said:

BTW...I REALLY miss Roy's and Jack's posts. The MCB forum is very thin now. Jack sort of gave up after Catoya's departure. ?

That's touching, Cristian.  Fact is, I saw MCB here in Chicago in April, but I just haven't posted.

It wasn't so much Catoya's departure, as Lopez's arrival and overhaul of the company, which included Catoya's "departure." (Isn't she doing anything anywhere worth reporting, Cristian?  I'm going to cry.)

Nothing personal about Lopez - it's to her credit that MCB continues - but a new AD adjusts the dancing, that's part of the job of making the company their own, it's what they're supposed to do; and watching MCB for her first few seasons, I felt something had gone, and that watching it didn't do as much for me anymore, so it wasn't as rewarding to travel to south Florida to see them.

Edited by Jack Reed
Most of my original post was far OT and not about Giselle.