This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Paul Taylor season at Lincoln Center

That would be astonishing, but you know, I'd be curious to see what Taylor would make of that score and story.

Oh, I agree totally! Not sure Taylor has it in him at this stage of his choreographic career to do a whole new work, but as to Michael guesting with NYCB, wow! That would be incredible! How does one put a bee in Peter Martin's bonnet about this? Or, conceivably, this could be something Damian Woetzel could put on at his Festival. Crossovers are common there.

Oh, I agree totally! Not sure Taylor has it in him at this stage of his choreographic career to do a whole new work, but as to Michael guesting with NYCB, wow! That would be incredible! How does one put a bee in Peter Martin's bonnet about this? Or, conceivably, this could be something Damian Woetzel could put on at his Festival. Crossovers are common there.

Brilliant! In the open air at Vail. Now, how to make it happen?

Don't know others' opinions, but for me Trusnovec is one of the finest male dancers out there, in any genre. That he's had such a long sustained career with Paul Taylor is stunning. Strong technician, extraordinary partner, an actor who can do comedy as well as signature roles such as seen in "Beloved Renegade" (to name just one). Not just a brilliant soloist, but also a strong ensemble dancer. Along with Gomes at ABT I can't think of any other male dancer I would prefer to watch in any production. Simply a standout. I would pay money to see Michael and Marcello read the phone book!

I've gone to a few PT shows this season, and it seems like Trusnovec is cutting back on his performance schedule. A lot of roles that used to be his sole domain are now shared with other men in the company. Not sure what his age is, but it appears that time may be catching up to him. I wonder how many more years he plans to dance.

It may not just be a question of his skill level and age, but a good insurance move to pass that information on to the next generation. I'm also wondering what kind of internal choices are being made as the company starts to perform a wider repertory.

I've gone to a few PT shows this season, and it seems like Trusnovec is cutting back on his performance schedule. A lot of roles that used to be his sole domain are now shared with other men in the company. Not sure what his age is, but it appears that time may be catching up to him. I wonder how many more years he plans to dance.

And what I've also noticed, both last year and this season, is that he sometimes will perform more as an ensemble dancer, giving his more usual solo work over to another dancer. I'm wondering if he wants to learn all the other roles within a piece, perhaps in preparation of his one day taking over for Bettie De Jong or even for Mr. Taylor himself. He is already listed as the Associate Rehearsal Director.