This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Photos of original 1895 cast members

Amy

Hey everyone, Alexei Ratmansky posted photos of some of the original cast members of the 1895 Swan Lake production on Facebook the other day:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205534442225247&set=ms.c.eJxNyMENABAUBcGOxH920X9lXCRuk6mergNIYlit3ngl8x~%3BqAr7Z4tQD~_3MOLA~-~-.bps.a.10205534433945040.1073741835.1377723438&type=3&theater

The cast members featured are:
Pierina Legnani as Odette/Odile
Pavel Gerdt as Prince Siegfried
Alexei Bulgakov as Von Rothbart
Natalia Matveeva and Alexander Shiryaev in the Spanish Dance
Marie Petipa and Alfred Bekefi in the Czardas
Elena Goncharova, Polina Tsalisson and Anatoly Panteleev in the Venetian Dance
Julia and Felix Kschessinsky in the Mazurka

re: Legnani's Odile, the identity of the photo on the Legnani page - middle, right - costumed in dark (red? black?) tutu and tights does not jibe w/the sketch for Odile's costuming just below that photo - it might well be some other role, even though some publications have proposed Odile.

re: Legnani's Odile, the identity of the photo on the Legnani page - middle, right - costumed in dark (red? black?) tutu and tights does not jibe w/the sketch for Odile's costuming just below that photo - it might well be some other role, even though some publications have proposed Odile.

Yeah I noticed that too, so I'm not 100% sure if she is costumed as Odile in that photo. What I do know is that her Odile costume wasn't black; it was royal blue with striking multi-coloured glittered designs and I can say that Odile will not be wearing black in Ratmansky's reconstruction. He's also reconstructing Ivanov's original pas de deux a trois scheme for the lakeside pas d'action.