This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Winter's Tale at Kennedy Center, DC

There will be refunds for affected shows cancelled due to the highly-likely closure (Fri/Sat/Sun).

I just called the box office - 202-467-4600 - and spoke with a kind ticket agent who said that, while he was not at liberty to make the announcement on the closure, he offered that "smart money is on a cancellation" and that the "highly likely cancellation" may come at noon tomorrow., Friday. Assuming that I had tickets to a weekend show (I don't), he:

1. Volunteered to take my ticket info (show's date, time and seat location or have credit card info used to make purchase) over the phone and set the wheels into motion for a full refund (so some of you may wish to call now...he said that at least one agent would be there until late-night tonight...10 pmish) and ....

2. Said that once the official closure is announced (maybe around noonish tomorrow-Friday), the Kennedy Center's web home page will display the announcement that will contain a hyperlink through which folks with tickets for the affected performances can request full refund.

He explicitly said that the KC is very aware that many folks travel from out of town to attend the shows and that, in such cases of bad weather coming, people need to make travel decisions sooner than later...why folks can avail themselves of Option 1 above & simply call the box office NOW. Or wait for the announcement to appear on the homepage, if there's no hotel or travel expense involved. Your choice.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks for the information.

I don't really get the waiting until 1 pm, as the Metro has already been shut down for Saturday. I imagine quite a few patrons take public transportation to get there, so they should just officially cancel the Saturday performance already.

Thanks for the information.

I don't really get the waiting until 1 pm, as the Metro has already been shut down for Saturday. I imagine quite a few patrons take public transportation to get there, so they should just officially cancel the Saturday performance already.

They may have been hoping that they could get the Friday evening show in (and it probably wouldn't have been too bad getting there - only an inch of snow at 5:00 - but getting home might have been a different story). Unfortunately, I'm skeptical that they can do the Sunday show.

I'm fortunate that I had the flexibility to see it during the week. It was worth seeing, but it wasn't love at first sight. I would have liked to see it again, because I often enjoy ballets more the second time than the first. I did think that it was a little lengthy; the first act seemed to drag a bit. The costumes were quite impressive.

The Sunday performance was also cancelled. Here I am stuck in DC and everything is closed. A nightmare. Hope I can at least fly home on Sunday!

At least I could see the fabulous performance on Wednesday, Dronina/McKie/Lunkina which was a marvelous and intense ebsemble and also great to see Elena Lobsanova and Francesco Gabriel Frola as the young couple.

Thank you Katherine! It must have been so frustrating for everyone involved but there is nothing that could be done. I also had tickets for NYCB Balanchine today but glad I did not travel to NYC.

At least they got a good review by Macauley and the Lincoln Festival 5 shows.

The Sunday performance was also cancelled. Here I am stuck in DC and everything is closed. A nightmare. Hope I can at least fly home on Sunday!

At least I could see the fabulous performance on Wednesday, Dronina/McKie/Lunkina which was a marvelous and intense ebsemble and also great to see Elena Lobsanova and Francesco Gabriel Frola as the young couple.

I'm sorry you got stuck with everything closed, that sounds horrible. But glad you at least got to see the Wednesday performance.

I arrived on Thursday, all four shows I had tickets for were cancelled, and I am wondering if I would be able to get good seats in New York in July. My flight was practically free, I will get the cost of the ballet tickets reimbursed, and I just am so happy to have some quiet time away from work, that I have nothing honestly to complain about.

I am sorry that the dancers did not get to finish out their run of performances here. Having lived and danced with ballet companies in Toronto and Montreal where snow storms are a part of life and everyone made it to rehearsals and performances, it didn't occur to me that this would happen, but different cities handle things differently. I do want to come back here another time for Kennedy Center ballet performances and to enjoy more of D.C. I am wondering whether NBoC will do The Winter's Tale next season in Canada or somewhere else, and will keep an eye out for next season's announcements at various venues.

I arrived on Thursday, all four shows I had tickets for were cancelled, and I am wondering if I would be able to get good seats in New York in July. My flight was practically free, I will get the cost of the ballet tickets reimbursed, and I just am so happy to have some quiet time away from work, that I have nothing honestly to complain about.

I am sorry that the dancers did not get to finish out their run of performances here. Having lived and danced with ballet companies in Toronto and Montreal where snow storms are a part of life and everyone made it to rehearsals and performances, it didn't occur to me that this would happen, but different cities handle things differently. I do want to come back here another time for Kennedy Center ballet performances and to enjoy more of D.C. I am wondering whether NBoC will do The Winter's Tale next season in Canada or somewhere else, and will keep an eye out for next season's announcements at various venues.