This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Spring 2015: Romeo and Juliet

As noted in the RB Tour topic, Osipova has withdrawn from her Washington DC Don Q with the RB on tour. No info on whether she will withdraw from her RB Chicago and NY performances, or her ABT Juliet.

Ooooh, this is not looking so good for her Juliet. Which stinks because I just bought a ticket to it yesterday.

On the bright side, I'll hopefully still get to enjoy an evening of Marcelo!

Actually, this is Natalia Osipova's page (not "community" and not "fan" page):

https://www.facebook.com/#!/natalia.osipova.18?fref=ts

This is the only official news page,and the only valid info from it is what is public-facing, ie, you don't have to be a "friend" to see it. Were she to open a real "fan" page: ie, one you would "like," it would also be official.

"Fan" and "Community" are not official pages. I've removed info found on these pages and the unofficil news discussion.

At least ABT is being honest about it now. Wonder how long it'll stay TBA, and even more curious (and dreading) who will be the replacement.

Exactly. But with the season almost over I'm at the point where I already have tickets to everything else I want to see. There's really nothing for me to switch to if it winds up being Seo or Kochetkova. I guess I'd take another SB if they announce the replacement soon enough but once thats over I am out of options. Fingers crossed!

If they were going to use somebody who was already on the roster for Juliet, like Seo, Murphy, Obratsova, or Copeland or Vishneva, I think they would have just inserted one of their names. The issue would be resolved by now, because Osipova's injury has been known for a period of time. So I'm guessing it will either be someone at ABT who has never done the role or it will be an outsider with whom contract details are being negotiated. That's my best guess. I hope it's somebody good or, like so many others, I have very few options left for exchanges.

If they were going to use somebody who was already on the roster for Juliet, like Seo, Murphy, Obratsova, or Copeland or Vishneva, I think they would have just inserted one of their names. The issue would be resolved by now, because Osipova's injury has been known for a period of time. So I'm guessing it will either be someone at ABT who has never done the role or it will be an outsider with whom contract details are being negotiated. That's my best

guess. I hope it's somebody good or, like so many others, I have very few options left for exchanges.

Maybe it will be Cojocaru. She's done it with ABT before. She is quite wonderful in it. Hope they announced center soon

I'm also contemplating that McKenzie is trying to get someone from the RB. However, given the fact that the RB already has lost one principal on its tour roster, I'm wondering if the RB would consent to allowing another one of its ballerinas to appear at ABT during the tour, and risk more chaos in the RB tour casting.

Since Osipova is a major draw for the RB on tour in America, I'm sure that the RB's artistic director was none too pleased when Osipova got injured while guesting at ABT.

Royal Ballet has a flock of dancers who know the role and many are in this country as we speak. Of course, this would have to fit into their US touring schedule. Look at all the Juliet's this fall in London:

http://www.roh.org.uk/productions/romeo-and-juliet-by-kenneth-macmillan

I hope that part of the delay is because they want someone who could dance with Gomes.

Nunez is already guesting w/ ABT in Cinderella so maybe it'll be her?