This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Mariinsky Theatre Backstage Tour

I will be going to St Petersburg in May 2015, and I've been looking around on the internet for things to do there.

I noticed that on the website www.balletandopera.com they offer backstage tours of the Mariinsky theatre, for 113€ per person (! this is more than double what I paid for an orchestra ticket to a Saturday night Mariinsky ballet performance that I already booked). The Mariinsky website does not seem to offer this kind of tours.

Did anyone here take this tour? Or can you book this somewhere else (read: less expensive)?

Would love to do this, but I'm not sure I want to at this price.

I remember seeing that tour listed two years ago, but at that time, they needed to have a group of at least 6 people in order to book it. So either you had to book a party of 6 or they had to have a group of people for your date already. I never found any other option for touring the theater, but I didn't do more than a quick internet search.

(If you do go on the tour, then I would be happy to read about it...and, of course, any of the performances you attend. smile.png )

I will be going to St Petersburg in May 2015, and I've been looking around on the internet for things to do there.

I noticed that on the website www.balletandopera.com they offer backstage tours of the Mariinsky theatre, for 113€ per person (! this is more than double what I paid for an orchestra ticket to a Saturday night Mariinsky ballet performance that I already booked). The Mariinsky website does not seem to offer this kind of tours.

Did anyone here take this tour? Or can you book this somewhere else (read: less expensive)?

Would love to do this, but I'm not sure I want to at this price.

Wow, that is a huge amount of money for a tour. The ROH tour my husband and I took this summer was about 10 pounds each, I think.

Since you can't find this tour on the Mariinsky website I am a little sceptical about it being legitimate. Why don't you tweet the Mariinsky (@mariinskyen) and ask. They're usually pretty prompt about their responses.