This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Simone Messmer

theo

Here she is doing contemporary from quite a few years ago. Could be interesting.  I think that classical presents the best stage for her because of its detail and dimension, but let's see. She's a great talent. I hope that she can hang in long enough to let us see it. Best wishes to her.

Edited by Buddy
On 10/2/2020 at 1:35 PM, Drew said:

Very glad she is with a company again. Hope she finds it a fulfilling place to work!

Seconded. Thank you for posting the news, naomikage.

Volpi made a ballet called "Private Light" for ABT in 2011, Messmer was in the original cast and knows the choreographer from then. That's why she ended up in Germany. In the season premiere "First Date", she was dancing a solo by Volpi.

There was a terrific livestream this evening at 6 pm of grangalaporlosninos.org, a benefit put together by Julio Bocca's foundation.

Many artists contributed.  I am sorry, but I don't have detailed information on who/what/when.

Around the 22:30 minute mark, Simone dances "Allure," the solo made on her by Demis Volpi.  Beautiful piece, powerful dancing.  She mentioned on her Facebook and Instagram  pages.

On 10/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, Juliet said:

There was a terrific livestream this evening at 6 pm of grangalaporlosninos.org, a benefit put together by Julio Bocca's foundation.

Many artists contributed.  I am sorry, but I don't have detailed information on who/what/when.

Around the 22:30 minute mark, Simone dances "Allure," the solo made on her by Demis Volpi.  Beautiful piece, powerful dancing.  She mentioned on her Facebook and Instagram  pages.

Thanks, Juliet. I'm trying to find this if it's findable.

Simone Messmer once said something like, 'What you see, is what I am.'  Meaning that everything that she is is totally committed and totally visible, perhaps. On a stage, anyway, I've found this to be extremely impressive.

Edited by Buddy
1 hour ago, Buddy said:

Thanks, Juliet. I'm trying to find this if it's findable.

Simone Messmer once said something like, 'What you see, is what I am.'  Meaning that everything that she is is totally committed and totally visible, perhaps. On a stage, anyway, I've found this to be extremely impressive.

This was posted on YouTube