This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT 2015 Met season

One of my dance fantasies is to transport myself back in time to the Mercury Theater in London. Just to see these ballets done as they were danced originally. Maybe not better. But surely an experience.

Oh, that's my understanding about the afterlife -- I get to see all the works that I missed, especially by being born when I was. And if I really like them (and I was really good) I get to learn them.

Part is too sophisticated and glam to be Caroline. It's more of a waif part, I think. The designated waifs in the company are Vishneva, Seo and Kent. I would have liked to see Abrera in Part's role in a second cast.

I don't know how ABT casts this ballet right now, but has Part danced the other woman? And if not, do you think it would be a good role for her?

Anyone here have a first-hand report?

Part is magnificent as "An Episode in his Past" in "Jardin aux Lilas" - and she was again on Tuesday night. Part is very mature and commanding and sensual and throws herself into the acting with abandon. Part does very well in these period dramatic ballets.

Part is too sophisticated and glam to be Caroline. It's more of a waif part, I think. The designated waifs in the company are Vishneva, Seo and Kent. I would have liked to see Abrera in Part's role in a second cast.

Caroline a waif?? not likely---the best interpreter of the role in the US was Nora Kaye---hardly a waif,,,

mussel, on 15 May 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:snapback.png

Stella to debut Giselle with Shklyarov, replacing Semionova: http://metopera.org/...aspx?perf=13274

Mussel, this is such HUGE news that I hope you don't mind me reposting it in this thread. I happen to already have tickets for that date, and while I hope Semionova is well, I'm THRILLED to get to see a Stella, Shklyarov and Part Giselle!

BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO Stella! And what a cast to make your debut with. I am just so bummed that I'll be on vacation that weekend and won't be here to see her. Hopefully it will only be the first of many.

I'm still seeing Abrera

I think there is probably has something to do with that page recently being updated. It's showing a cached version (or something like that!) rather than the new version of the page when you refresh it. It's doing the same thing for me. But it always changes back to Stella after I refresh it a few times.

They will probably allow you to exchange your NYCB ticket if you can get to the box office at least 24 hours beforehand.

For all the Stella fans out there, since ticket sales seem to play a role in how McKenzie decides casting, please spread the word to any ballet fans to purchase tickets to Stella's Giselle.

Wait - wasn't Semionova dancing an excerpt from GISELLE at the gala, with Stella Myrta? Maybe they'll make Stella the Giselle for the gala and bring someone else as Myrta???

That would be a good idea. Give everyone a sneak peak then do a little PR blitz announcing Abrera's performance on the 23rd.

That would be a good idea. Give everyone a sneak peak then do a little PR blitz announcing Abrera's performance on the 23rd.

Not happening. Kochetkova is now listed for the gala Giselle assignment, replacing Semionova. Abrera still listed in the the Myrta role for the gala.

So when will they enlighten us about the remainder of Semionova's assignments this season?