This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I don't know whether this is more or less orthodox than Villella's Corsaire pdd. This television production of Brigadoon has never been released on video.

This is so wonderful! When I was a very young student dancer in Chicago, I was taught this very dance by James Jamieson, who was at the time performing Harry Beaton in "Brigadoon" while on tour. He was a guest teacher at our school. My memory has been rocked!

I don't know whether this is more or less orthodox than Villella's Corsaire pdd. This television production of Brigadoon has never been released on video.

This is so wonderful! When I was a very young student dancer in Chicago, I was taught this very dance by James Jamieson, who was at the time performing Harry Beaton in "Brigadoon" while on tour. He was a guest teacher at our school. My memory has been rocked!

I'm very curious -- what did he emphasize when he was teaching?

I'm very curious -- what did he emphasize when he was teaching?

Well, please remember I was a young dancer and in no way a professional (not yet, anyway!). But I do remember him speaking about our 'ballon' and always pointing the feet. Also, the way we 'carried' our upper body and head. Important lessons for a young dancer, for sure. And as it was a dance for a male dancer, we surely must have struggled a bit trying to do as he asked and taught. But these are experiences one doesn't forget.