This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Wrong time printed on Mikhailovsky Tickets - Giselle - 11/11/14

Does anyone else have 8:00PM printed on their November 11, 2014 Giselle tickets? I just discovered that the time is incorrect on my tickets. It should be 7:30PM. I bought the tickets in May. My tickets say 8:00PM, but the Koch website says 7:30PM. I just called the Box Office and the correct time is 7:30!

Does anyone else have 8:00PM printed on their November 11, 2014 Giselle tickets? I just discovered that the time is incorrect on my tickets. It should be 7:30PM. I bought the tickets in May. My tickets say 8:00PM, but the Koch website says 7:30PM. I just called the Box Office and the correct time is 7:30!

Thanks for posting. My ticket for the 13th--the first performance I'm attending--does says 7:30. I bought the tickets shortly after they went on sale

I hope the Koch theater is looking into this and, if the mistake isn't just some bizarre one-off, trying to track people down (addresses from credit cards; emails from website registrations etc.) to send them the correct information.

Thanks for posting. My ticket for the 13th--the first performance I'm attending--does says 7:30. I bought the tickets shortly after they went on sale

I hope the Koch theater is looking into this and, if the mistake isn't just some bizarre one-off, trying to track people down (addresses from credit cards; emails from website registrations etc.) to send them the correct information.

I bought mine early too and they say 8:00pm! Thank you, Ninafan!

You’re welcome Drew and Barbara. And Drew, if my conversation with a very condescending and rude woman at the Koch is anything to go by, then they are not tracking down ticket holders to let them know about the error.

When I called the Koch, I asked if the 8:00PM time on my Tuesday, November 11 Giselle tickets for the Mikhailovsky Ballet were correct, or was the 7:30PM time posted on the Koch website the correct time. The agent said, “Well, this is the home of the New York City Ballet”. I said, “Yes, I know”. She then went on to say that “NYCB performs at 8:00PM on Friday and Saturday nights, but 7:30PM the rest of the week”. I said “I know. I am a NYCB guild member as well as a subscriber, but I am asking about the Mikhailovsky Ballet, not City Ballet”. Next she says, “The Mikhailovsky has chosen to perform at 7:30PM all nights, except on Saturday night when they’re performing at 8:00PM”. I said “Okay, but my tickets are not for Saturday night and they say 8:00PM”. She then asked “Where did you buy your tickets”? I said “Directly from the Koch box office”. She said, “Well, the performance is at 7:30PM”. I said, “I could have easily arrived at the theater in time for an 8:00PM performance. The only reason I noticed the discrepancy was because I was looking at your website and happened to see 7:30PM. I’m sure I am not the only one with tickets that say 8:00PM. The theater should be aware that other patrons may also have 8:00PM printed on their tickets. And perhaps the theater should try to reach out to other ticket holders as well as putting up notices in case someone is holding tickets with the wrong time”. Her response was “Make a note for yourself that it is really 7:30PM and don’t worry about other people”. This was the first time I've had a bad experience with an agent at the State/Koch Theater. They’re usually very friendly and always try to be helpful. This one had me fuming for several hours.

I bought mine many months ago, too. My ticket for Tuesday, 10/11 says 8:00 pm and for Saturday, 11/15 says 7:30! I think I'll just assume every performance is 7:30 and get there in plenty of time. But I wonder what the ushers will do about late-seating, which could be a serious issue for opening night.

Yes, late seating could be a real issue on opening night. Can you imagine all of the disruption in the theater? And the dancers would likely hear at least some of the commotion.

I think the only way to avoid latecomers is to actually change the opening night start time to 8:00PM. If not, then some people may miss at least some of the first act.

That's a good idea about assuming all evenings start at 7:30PM. It's better to be early than miss the first act!

I just got a phone call from the Koch box office. They told me that opening night is at 7:30 and they are mailing out a substitute ticket. However, if the substitute doesn't arrive, they will honor the original one. The tickets I have do have a bar code, so if they scan those, they'll avoid duplicate ticket issues.

I also received a call today telling me the wrong time was printed on my tix and informing me that replacement tixs are in the mail with the corrected time. Thank you to NinaFan for raising the issue. Looks like somebody higher up in the food chain at the Koch box office got wind of the problem and has directed that corrective measures be taken.