This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

BLANK HOME PAGE/FORUM INDEX ISSUE

I've received two screen shots showing a blank home page (forum index). "View New Posts" shows a valid page, but is limited.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, but can access this post through View New Posts? If so, would you please tell me what hardware (PC, Mac, tablet, phone) you are using, the operating system, and the browser? Also if you could see the home page starting Saturday night after 8pm ET (before we launched the fundraiser), but stopped seeing it afterwards, when you first noticed that the home page was missing. I can't find anything in the "Help" files, and I'd like to give tech support the most information possible.

If you have the issue, does clearing "invisionzone.com" cookies resolve it?

I seem to be experiencing this problem. I am using Chrome (33.0.1750.146) on Mac OS 10.9.2 using a MacBook Pro. I'm pretty sure that I saw the webpage on Sunday, but since then have skipped straight to New Posts, so no reports on Monday or from earlier today.

Will update this post once I delete my cookie. (UPDATE: deleted all of my cookies invisionzone.com cookies, still a blank page.)

I also have this issue.

Laptop. Windows 7. Chrome.

Not sure when I started seeing the blank page; but it has been for a few days now. When I FIRST click on "forum" (or "ballet talk") button, a VERY QUICK view of the entire page flashes over the screen, but immediately disappears, showing only the blank page.

I do not know how to do a screen shot.

-d-

I don't think this is especially good news, but we're being told that the behavior of the forum page flashing up for a second and then going blank couldn't be a problem with the base software.

The potential diagnosis is "bad browser extension/plugin" and the only way to see if this is the case is by disabling all of the Plug-ins and Extensions for the browser, clearing the cache, and trying again. Although I'm not experiencing the problem, even after just installing the "Disconnect" plug-in on Firefox, I have five plug-ins and 15 extensions that would need to be de-activated.

Where's the bashing one's head against the keyboard icon when you need it?

….we're being told that the behavior of the forum page flashing up for a second and then going blank couldn't be a problem with the base software.

This might be completely unrelated and I don't mean to muddy the waters, but I was having this flash-and-disappear problem on many, many sites (especially shopping and tracking pages) prior to upgrading my system software from Mac OS 8 to OS 10. A tech told me that the problem involved extensions and plug-ins utilized in upgrades to those sites' software, and my older system's inability to cope with the changes. So maybe there isn't a problem with the forum's base software, per se (in that it runs fine from the coding perspective), but how it's interacting with users' existing operating systems or browser versions. Just a thought…might well be wrong! dunno.gif

I run Mac 10.8.5 and haven't seen this flashy stuff. Not sure if that's germane.

I had a mega-senior moment when I wrote my last post and have since amended it - I meant to reference Mac OS 8 and OS 10 (not 4 and 8).

Like you, sandik, I don't have any flash-and-disappear issues running OS 10 - whereas it was happening all the time with OS 8. If users of Ballet Alert are experiencing the problem despite having up-to-date system software (either Mac or Windows), then operating system issues might indeed not be germane.

Our software's tech support team also believes that issues are caused by browser plug-ins and/or extensions.

I'm still on Lion with my MacBook, because those manufactured in "Early 2008" don't support later operating system versions, and I haven't seen this issue. If I had it, I could do the testing myself, but I haven't been able to replicate it.

It's not an OS issue if the members who are experiencing this on Chrome and Firefox are not experiencing it on IE (PC) or Safari for Mac.

Every time I do a browser upgrade -- and I always do the upgrades when prompted -- I get a message that the browser is checking for add-on compatibility.

Weird. I use Safari exclusively and had many flash-and-disappear issues until I upgraded to Mountain Lion (on a MacBook purchased in 2013), but clearly that's not relevant here, since forum members using Safari are not affected. Good time for the head-banging icon, for sure.

I have some limited information -- I can run Safari (on my iMac), so I opened BA up with version 6.0.5 -- I didn't log into my account, and so could not use View New Content, but the main Forum page came up just fine. I wandered around in the site, and didn't seem to have any trouble.

I wasn't sure if I could stay logged in with my Firefox connection and log in from Safari as well, so didn't try. If I can, I'll log into BA with Safari and fiddle around some more later on, but I have to go do chores right now...

sandik, there should be no reason you can't run multiple browsers at the same time. I currently have Chrome, Firefox, and Safari open.

I can run multiple browsers, but I wasn't sure if I could be logged into BA from two different browsers simultaneously.

sandik, you can log in simultaneously from multiple different browsers. Just for fun, I tried five from several different devices. Have not (yet) exploded.

In all seriousness, you are not maintaining a constant and active connection with the forum server, in which an intrusion from a secondary source would break that signal . You're just providing the authentication materials necessary for the server to know, when it is contacted, that it should return a webpage instead of a terse login page. Unless it is programmed to, the server does not care whether that authentication comes from multiple browsers, just that you gave the correct authentication information.

sandik, you can log in simultaneously from multiple different browsers. Just for fun, I tried five from several different devices. Have not (yet) exploded.

In all seriousness, you are not maintaining a constant and active connection with the forum server, in which an intrusion from a secondary source would break that signal . You're just providing the authentication materials necessary for the server to know, when it is contacted, that it should return a webpage instead of a terse login page. Unless it is programmed to, the server does not care whether that authentication comes from multiple browsers, just that you gave the correct authentication information.

Thanks -- there are some websites that don't want you to log in simultaneously, though it's mostly about security stuff.

But do let us know if you explode. We'd need to help tidy up.