This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Suzanne Farrell Ballet season preview & webcast 23rd October 2013

w

who is the 'lead' woman in Episodes (the first section)? Is that Ogden?

I believe that's the woman cantdance identified as Valerie Tellmann in Agon. She's new to the Farrell company.That's Elizabeth Holochuk, a longtime soloist in the company, in the following movement.

Thanks KFW - she was indeed in the Agon excerpt as well.

Tellmann-236x315.jpg

Thanks to Jack Reed for noticing that the archived video (from the LIVE preview) had been put up immediately on the Kennedy Center website:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/explorer/videos/?id=M5627

I recommend taking a look if only for the segments of Balanchine's Episodes, which I don't think has been seen online before in any form.

Suzanne Farrell Ballet performs sections from:

Mozartiana

Episodes

Apollo

Agon

Pas de Dix

More details can be found in this thread: http://balletalert.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/37928-suzanne-farrell-ballet-season-preview-webcast-23rd-october-2013/

Especially in the absence of a Millennium Stage Preview performance of TSFB this year, I thought it would be useful to summarize all in one place for handy reference what we've figured out on this thread so far about who's dancing what (especially if I can link to this post from the page on the Kennedy Center web site where the video plays). I've included the moment in time in the video, shown at the left end of the progress bar under the window where the video plays, when each dance begins to help with the identification, and you may be able to navigate back and forth through the video as it plays by nudging the button in the progress bar left or right with your cursor:

Mozartiana excerpts

[00:10] i. Preghiera ["Prayer"]

Natalia Magnicaballi, four girls

[4:40] iii. Menuet

four solo women

[8:43] Kristen Gallagher, ballet mistress for the Suzanne Farrell Ballet

Episodes excerpts:

[10:13] from First Movement

Valerie Tellment, Ian Grosh

[15:56] pas de deux from the Third Movement

Elisabeth Holowchuk with Kirk Henning

[18:48] Kristen Gallagher introduces Apollo

Apollo excerpts:

[19:35] iii. variation, Terpsichore

Natalia Magnicaballi

[21:36] iv. variation, Apollo

Michael Cook

[24:05] pas de deux of Terpsichore and Apollo

Natalia Magnicaballi with Michael Cook

[28:40] Kristen Gallagher introduces Agon

Agon excerpt: ii. pas de trois

Ian Grosh, Valerie Tellment, Kirk Henning

[29:32] bransle simple

[30:46] bransle double

[32:24] Kristen Gallagher introduces the remainder of TSFB's 2013 season

[36:22] Pas de Dix excerpt:

Natalia Magnicaballi with Michael Cook

Amy Brandt with Jesse Campbell, Alison Basford with Ian Grosh, Miriam Ernest with Oliver Swan-Jackson, Katie Gibson with Ted Seymour

Edited to update the address in the link to the page where the video plays in accordance with changes on the Kennedy Center web site.

Edited by Jack Reed

Thanks, Jack. I just noticed several short video interviews with SFB dancers on the company's Facebook page.

And now that I've taken the time to watch them, I can report that they yield several clues about casting.

Casting for the current season, 28-30 November 2014? Time to start another thread for that.