This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Onegin highlights

Hi Everyone-

I'm going to see Onegin tonight (Monday night) at ABT. I'm wondering if anyone can take a moment to let me know some of the highlights, some of the moments to watch for. And any general thoughts on this ballet. It isn't in RGs book . . .

Thank you,

Paris.

I love Onegin. There are 2 major and powerful duets for Tatiana and Onegin - at the end of Act 1 and in the final scene. There's also a lovely duet for Tatiana and Gremin in Act 3 and for Olga and Lensky in Act 1. The smaller details I like are the girls looking in the mirror in Act 1 to see their future husbands - it's the first time Tatiana sees Onegin. I also like watching Onegin at the card table at the party in Act 2 and the callous way he rejects Tatiana. The end of the garden scene in Act 1 always brings a gasp from the audience.

Enjoy!

In addition to the above mentioned portions of the choreography, Lensky's solo (right before he goes to meet Onegin for their gun fight is wonderful.

I saw Jared Matthews dance this role on Monday night, and he was extraordinary. It's a difficult solo that demands perfection and Jared nailed it. In addition, his acting in the scenes leading up to the duel was completely believable.

Hi Everyone-

I'm going to see Onegin tonight (Monday night) at ABT. I'm wondering if anyone can take a moment to let me know some of the highlights, some of the moments to watch for. And any general thoughts on this ballet. It isn't in RGs book . . .

Thank you,

Paris.

What is RG's book, pbl? Thanks,

Here's the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Ballet-101-Complete-Learning-Loving/dp/0879103256/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369437806&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=robert+grescovic

Hi Everyone-

Thank you,

Paris.

Here's the book:

http://www.amazon.co...obert grescovic

Hi Everyone-

Thank you,

Paris.

pbl, enjoy the performance. I didn't know rg was Robert Greskovic! I do have that book and really love it. Guess what's playing on my classical station WMHT? The Russian Dance from Swan Lake! I love that piece. .

Here's the book:

http://www.amazon.co...obert grescovic

Hi Everyone-

Thank you,

Paris.

pbl, enjoy the performance. I didn't know rg was Robert Greskovic! I do have that book and really love it. Guess what's playing on my classical station WMHT? The Russian Dance from Swan Lake! I love that piece. .

Sorry, pbl, I sdhould have said - how was the performance, as you've already seen it...............