This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Yet another variation on Sleeping Beauty

The person who uploaded listed Hermes Pan and Eugene Loring. IMDB, not always the most complete, only lists Pan, but it makes sense that Loring would have had input into this delightful interlude. Wikipedia lists "Meet Me in Las Vegas" as among his film choreographies:

Loring, who began dancing in his father's saloon, was at ease with all kinds of dance: national, classic, modern, theater or not. He choreographed the Broadway musicals Carmen Jones and Silk Stockings and had an extensive career in Hollywood, directing and choreographing for film and television. Dancers he worked with most frequently include Fred Astaire, Cyd Charisse, and James Mitchell. Some of Loring's most notable films include: Silk Stockings, Funny Face (both in 1957), Ziegfeld Follies, The Toast of New Orleans, Deep in My Heart, Meet Me in Las Vegas.

The info doesn't have a specific citation. Looking at the general citations, I don't see any film choreography on the University of California at Irvine website for the Loring Archives. According to the NYPL bio Loring danced in "Meet Me in Las Vegas," but there's no note of him having choreographed it. The citation in the Wikipedia article on "Meet Me in Las Vegas" comes up blank on the AOL members site.