This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nutcracker Guest Appearances

Laura Gilbreath will perform with New Orleans Ballet Theatre on 24 and 25 November.

This is sweet:

She will be reunited on stage with her older sister, Elizabeth Gilbreath Van Alstyne, who majored in Ballet Performance at Indiana University and danced with the Nashville Ballet and Ballet Austin II before returning to New Orleans in 2006. She has not danced since the birth of her first child, Alden, seven months ago.

“It’s been two years since I’ve worn a pair of pointe shoes,” she said, but “the thought of dancing with Laura again just seemed so special, and brought back a flood of memories of our childhood.”

Kaori Nakamura and Jonathan Porretta guested with the Dallas Ballet Company as Sugar Plum Fairy and her Cavalier. The review was published today, but doesn't list the date of performance.

Carli Samuelson perform the same roles in Mid-Columbia Ballet's version from 7-9 December at Richland High School (Tri-Cities):

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/11/30/2188075/nutcracker-returns-with-redesigned.html

Not on the stage, but behind it: Bruce Wells has worked with Tulsa Ballet to re-do its "Nutcracker" choreographed by TB's Artistic Director, Marcello Angelini, who said, "when it comes to creating story ballets for young dancers, there's no one better than Bruce."

No kidding: Tulsa Ballet is incredibly lucky to have him. The more I think about Wells' "Snow White," which he choreographed for the Professional Division students at PNB, the more I realize how brilliant it is in choreography, construction, and story-telling, and how any ballet school in the country would be privileged to have it, as well as any number of professional companies. The opening forest divertissement could stand alone on a triple bill.

I really love this part:

"All the children get presents," Wells said. "And some of the presents they receive are large dolls that are wearing the costumes that dancers will be wearing in the second act.

Lindsi Dec (Sugar Plum Fairy), Karel Cruz (Prince), William Lin-Yee (Herr Stahlbaum and Spanish Dance lead), and former PNB dancer and current PNB School faculty member Timothy Lynch (Drosselmeier) will perform in Lafayette, LA with Lafayette Ballet Theatre. Dec is dancing in place of former PNB dancer Chalnessa Eames, who's suffered and injury.

Lindsi Dec (Sugar Plum Fairy), Karel Cruz (Prince), William Lin-Yee (Herr Stahlbaum and Spanish Dance lead), and former PNB dancer and current PNB School faculty member Timothy Lynch (Drosselmeier) will perform in Lafayette, LA with Lafayette Ballet Theatre. Dec is dancing in place of former PNB dancer Chalnessa Eames, who's suffered and injury.

They just need a couple more people and they could charter their own plane.