This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Anyone Has Any Information of Marianna Pavlova?

kevin91836

Have just finished watching the Mariinsky's production of "The Fire Bird" in 2009. The role "Princess" was danced by Marianna Pavlova.

Just out of curiosity I started to find stuff about her, but I got nothing except the information of this DVD itself...Her name wasn't even show on the official website of the Mariinsky.

Does anyone has anything more about this ballerina? Does she left the company? Is she still dancing at all?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

She left around 2008/09 after several years in the corps. Not sure where she went or if she simply retired from performing. One of her last featured roles at the MT was as Chiarina in the Vikharev reconstruction of Fokine's Carnaval. You can see her in the following YouTube clip - the first female dancer in this segment, with blue-ruffled skirt:

She left around 2008/09 after several years in the corps. Not sure where she went or if she simply retired from performing. One of her last featured roles at the MT was as Chiarina in the Vikharev reconstruction of Fokine's Carnaval. You can see her in the following YouTube clip - the first female dancer in this segment, with blue-ruffled skirt:

Thanks a lot Natalia! Quite weird that she danced such a main role in the Firebird only as a member of the corps.

Yes, it seems odd, Kevin. Then again, the Kirov-Mariinsky corps has always included some of the greatest dancers on earth in any given period - dancers who, with smaller companies, would easily be Principals. By the way, Marianna Pavlova graduated in 2003 - same year as Alina Somova, although I'm not sure if they shared the same main coach, Safronova.