This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT's Sarah Lane to guest with Corella Ballet in Barcelona, Feb.9

It has been reported in the Spanish press (Ballet y Mas), and by Corella Ballet, that ABT soloist Sarah Lane will be a guest artist with the company at the Liceu Theatre in Barcelona, Spain. She will be performing (O/O?) with Angel Corella, opening night (February 9th). And don't we wish we could be there to see it?!

Well vipa here's a small chance to see her--courtesy of "El Periodico" and a kind Corella Ballet poster:

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/ocio-y-cultura/sarah-lane-senti-traicionada-por-natalie-portman-1402002

Sorry, I didn't know how to do a link to a translated version of the article. Hope the video works ok; the footage is good, and her interview great (esp. when asked about "Black Swan"). Wish I could have been at the Liceu to see it.

(FYI: Corella Ballet--now called "Barcelona Ballet" after their move there--will be performing SL in Detroit in late April 2012.)

I'd love to see her do it. Unfortunately Kevin M. won't afford us that opportunity because of her height (IMO)

Well vipa here's a small chance to see her--courtesy of "El Periodico" and a kind Corella Ballet poster:

http://www.elperiodi...portman-1402002

Sorry, I didn't know how to do a link to a translated version of the article. Hope the video works ok; the footage is good, and her interview great (esp. when asked about "Black Swan"). Wish I could have been there to see it.

(FYI: Corella Ballet--now called "Barcelona Ballet" after their move there--will be performing SL in Detroit in late April 2012.)

Thank you so much. She doesn't dance like a short person. This is a very nice video. I'd love to see her get more opportunities in ABT. I think she is just not the "type" that the AD favors.

Thank you som

She doesn't dance like a short person.

I'm thinking of Makarova, Kirkland, Cojocaru and others, and I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Would you care to elaborate?

I think she is just not the "type" that the AD favors.
I think the "type" the AD favors these days is the "type" known as foreign guest star. It seems to me that it would be in the company's long-term interest to nurture dancers through the ranks. So much promising talent reaches the soloist level and seems to stall there. What happens? Have they all achieved their maximum potential? It's not impossible, but I can't believe it.