This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

others on Ballet Alert! will no doubt be more helpful here, N.

i posted what i was sent and thought members of this might be interested.

i'm not familiar w/ DWTS but can't imagine there is more than one.

if i learn more i'll post it.

this from Boston Ballet:

BOSTON BALLET TAKES THE STAGE ON

DANCING WITH THE STARS

BOSTON BALLET PRINCIPAL LORNA FEIJÓO PERFORMS

WITH SISTER AND SAN FRANCISCO BALLET’S LORENA FEIJÓO

AND AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE’S JOSE MANUEL CARREÑO

BOSTON, MA – April 11, 2011 – Boston Ballet principal dancer Lorna Feijóo makes a guest performance on ABC’s Dancing With The Stars on Tuesday, April 12 at 9 pm. Feijóo’s appearance will be part of Classical Week and the season’s first “Macy’s Stars of Dance” performance. Feijóo will appear with her sister, San Francisco Ballet principal Lorena Feijóo, and American Ballet Theatre principal Jose Manuel Carreño. Together, the three will perform a specially choreographed excerpt from Swan Lake.

Lorna and Lorena Feijóo and Jose Manuel Carreño, all born in Cuba, danced with the National Ballet of Cuba before joining Boston Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, and American Ballet Theatre. This will be the first time the three artists perform together on national television.

Lorna studied at the National Ballet School in Havana and became a principal dancer with the National Ballet of Cuba. She joined Boston Ballet in 2003 from Cincinnati Ballet. Lorna has received numerous awards, including a gold medal at both the Vignali-Danza Contest and the Positano Contest of Young Talents in Italy. She has performed as a guest artist with The Royal Ballet, Rome Opera Ballet, La Scala, and Zurich Opera Ballet.

Lorena Feijóo has been a principal dancer with San Francisco Ballet since 1999. She previously danced with the National Ballet of Cuba, Ballet of Monterrey, Royal Ballet of Flanders and Joffrey Ballet. She has guested with companies including The Royal Ballet.

Jose Manuel Carreño trained at the Provincial School of Ballet and the National Ballet School in Cuba. He won the gold medal at the New York International Ballet Competition in 1987 and the Grand Prix at the International Ballet Competition in Jackson, Mississippi in 1990. Carreño danced with the English National Ballet and The Royal Ballet before joining American Ballet Theatre in 1995.

Dancing With The Stars is an ABC hit show featuring hosts Tom Bergeron, of Haverhill, Massachusetts, and Brooke Burke with judges Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Len Goodman. The show, which pairs celebrities with professional dancers, is currently in its 12th season.

Bostonians can see Lorna on stage at The Boston Opera House later this week performing with Boston Ballet in the role of Titania in George Balanchine’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream. She will dance in performances on Friday, April 15 at 8pm and Sunday, April 17 at 2pm. Lorna will appear in Boston Ballet’s spring season programs Bella Figura, April 28-May 8, and Balanchine/Robbins, May 12-May 22.