This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Well, I had to scroll to the very bottom of the page, but there I found "The Nutcracker in 3D." I confess that I have been a bit out of touch for a couple of decades, so I am not familiar with this. (Did Macaulay include it during his cross-country tour of 30+ something Nutcrackers?)

Elucidate, evilninjax, please. What is this movie? Why does it deserve the raspberry?

Signed: An old guy whom you've managed to make feel a lot older. :wink:

Well, I had to scroll to the very bottom of the page, but there I found "The Nutcracker in 3D." I confess that I have been a bit out of touch for a couple of decades, so I am not familiar with this. (Did Macaulay include it during his cross-country tour of 30+ something Nutcrackers?)

Elucidate, evilninjax, please. What is this movie? Why does it deserve the raspberry?

Signed: An old guy whom you've managed to make feel a lot older. :wink:

It's this movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud2t2k7dZqU

thx

-goro-

I found this in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutcracker_in_3D

This is the film starring Elle Fanning and Nathan Lane that was previewed in the 2008/09 British TV documentary The Nutcracker Story, where it was referred to as Nutcracker - The True Story. A musical with lyrics by Tim Rice, re-arranged music by Tchaikovsky. No ballet. I had wondered whatever became of that project. Well, now we know.

Geez, it made a "whopping" $65K in its first weekend. Total of about $234K worldwide. Ouch...this is bad. I wonder if they'll even bother to market a DVD version.

p.s. This was not supposed to be a 3-D film. I am guessing that, desperate to market the film in any way possible, the producers added a few 3D scenes and changed the name. Some of the reviews note the slap-dash 3D effects, appearing to be an afterthought.