This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

before Portman there was, among others, Bardot

a correspondent formerly connected to the Lincoln Center Film Society writes as follows:

<<

It is Michel Renault. It is probably from her comeback (after 7 years absence from ballet). I guess it is a rehearsal , maybe "Sleeping Beauty." Too bad she never made a real dance film but she did a nighclub strip (very funny) in "Mademoiselle Striptease." I showed a clip at the Walter Reade.

>>

i'm not saying this is conclusive identification, etc. just someone with more knowledge than i have of this photo's subject.

<< [ ... ] It is probably from her comeback (after 7 years absence from ballet).
I googled and found a photo of Renault and Bardot dancing a pas de deux from Sylvia on French television. http://www.google.co...iw=1024&bih=564

rg, your correspondent's reference to "Mlle. Striptease" led me to the following YouTube clip from the film. Bardot is a very reluctant stripper ... but you can see touches from her ballet training, especially the way she moves those great legs.

:clapping: