This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ashley Bouder blogging for Huffington Post

She obviously is a better dancer than writer (not surprising). Her blog could be a very powerful tool for inspiring people to attend ballet, though I don't think her readers are young enough to start a ballet career. Having said that the topic of her first post did little for me. Let's hope like the new dancers entering the company she gets into the groove and finds her stride as a "ballet writer" as she's done as a NYC ballet dancer. Thanks for the heads up on the blog.

She obviously is a better dancer than writer (not surprising). Her blog could be a very powerful tool for inspiring people to attend ballet, though I don't think her readers are young enough to start a ballet career. Having said that the topic of her first post did little for me. Let's hope like the new dancers entering the company she gets into the groove and finds her stride as a "ballet writer" as she's done as a NYC ballet dancer.

I think the column is well-written and courageous, and is very impressive for someone who spends most of her waking hours in a theater.