This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Free KennCen appearance of TSFB, July 19, 2010

The Suzanne Farrell troupe performs in one of the three upcoming 'American Playlist' free events at the Kennedy Center. Monday, July 19 at 6pm, at the Eisenhower Theater. Here is the link:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/?fu...amp;event=XKAAP

Tix are free but must be obtained in a special place & time. Quoting from the link:

These performances are free, but tickets are required. Two free tickets per person in line will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis on Saturday, July 10, 2010. .....Tickets for the July 19 performance will be distributed beginning at 11 a.m. on the River Terrace (follow signs). Any tickets not distributed will be available at the Box Office beginning at noon on July 10. PLEASE NOTE: There will be no late seating for performances.

I'm bumping this up as a reminder that the program is tonight at 6 pm, EST. Suzanne Farrell Ballet will dance Balanchine's Ragtime pas de deux and Contrapuntal Blues pas de deux from Clarinade tonight. The program will be streamed live at 6 pm EST and will also be available for viewing afterwards.

The Suzanne Farrell troupe performs in one of the three upcoming 'American Playlist' free events at the Kennedy Center. Monday, July 19 at 6pm, at the Eisenhower Theater. Here is the link:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/?fu...amp;event=XKAAP

Tix are free but must be obtained in a special place & time. Quoting from the link:

These performances are free, but tickets are required. Two free tickets per person in line will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis on Saturday, July 10, 2010. .....Tickets for the July 19 performance will be distributed beginning at 11 a.m. on the River Terrace (follow signs). Any tickets not distributed will be available at the Box Office beginning at noon on July 10. PLEASE NOTE: There will be no late seating for performances.

That this program will be archived for viewing on demand is good news. Millennium Stage performances usually are, but there have been exceptions. I watched "live" (I'm not dead yet) and found the camera work a little inconsistent, but we do get more than glimpses of the two short pas de deux in between the closeups.

Forgetful me, I missed the beginning of the program (but TSFB first appears after about 15 or twenty minutes, I think) so I'm not sure whether there were credits on-screen. I didn't hear any, so I'd like to be sure everyone knows that first Elisabeth Holowchuk danced the Contrapuntal Blues number from Clarinade with Momchil Mladenov and later she danced Ragtime with Michael Cook.

I don't understand about tickets to Millennium Stage events. When I got a list of them on my computer screen there was a box at the top that said tickets were not required but then there was boldface text added to the descriptions of the events which said all the tickets were given out. (Not saying the free events were "sold out", as I have seen from other venues, was a nice touch of class.)

I don't understand about tickets to Millennium Stage events. When I got a list of them on my computer screen there was a box at the top that said tickets were not required but then there was boldface text added to the descriptions of the events which said all the tickets were given out. (Not saying the free events were "sold out", as I have seen from other venues, was a nice touch of class.)

Jack, most Millennium Stage events are held on the stages in the lobby and require no tickets, as you know. This one was in the Eisenhower, I believe, and tickets were free but were given out Saturday. If they'd given them out this morning, I would have gone, but two trips into town for a few minutes of ballet wasn't worth it.