This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT at the Dorothy Chandler July 2011 - The Bright Stream

Just announced today:

A mainstay in the Music Center's dance series, American Ballet Theatre returns with the company's West Coast premiere of Alexei Ratmansky's "The Bright Stream," set to music by Dmitri Shostakovich. A comic ballet in two acts, it tells the story of the members of a Russian farm collective in the 1930's and their humorous interactions with a group of visiting performers during the harvest festival. With its technical precision and undeniable grace, ABT will leave audiences joyful and invigorated.

"...his [Ratmansky] "Bright Stream" is the best evening-length story ballet since MacMillan."

- New York Times

PERFORMANCE DATES/ TIMES

Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:30 p.m.

Friday, July 15, 2011 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 2:00 p.m.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:00 p.m.

Dorothy Chandler Homepage

Sounds great! I was hoping we'd get this either at OCPAC or the Music Center. I guess OCPAC didn't want it again since they had it on the original Bolshoi tour??

sidwich, you've made me want to see this piece. Was this also done by NYCB about 3 years ago? Confused, because here we have ABT doing it, but I thought I remembered NYCB, although I didn't get to see it back then.

NYCB has never done Bright Stream. You may be thinking of Ratmansky's Russian Seasons, which was performed by NYCB a few years ago and has since been picked up by other companies.