This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Cojacaru in SB

Just wanted to make everyone aware that in the latest ABT Spring season brochure, The Sleeping Beauty matinee on June 19 will feature Alina Cojacaru as Aurora and Carreno as Desire. The site says cast TBA, but I was talking to a member of the ABT corps at the Vasiliev Gala who confirmed Cojacaru. It's her only performance with ABT. I snatched up tickets yesterday.

Just wanted to make everyone aware that in the latest ABT Spring season brochure, The Sleeping Beauty matinee on June 19 will feature Alina Cojacaru as Aurora and Carreno as Desire. The site says cast TBA, but I was talking to a member of the ABT corps at the Vasiliev Gala who confirmed Cojacaru. It's her only performance with ABT. I snatched up tickets yesterday.

If you go to the Calendar page on the ABT site and select June, you will see Cojocaru listed for the SB matinee, even though it's still TBA on the ticket ordering page:

http://www.abt.org/performances/default.asp

And note that Osipova's only SB is that evening.

If you search on YouTube, you can find quite a few excerpts of Cojocaru's SB.

I think it's evil that they put them both on the same day!!

It is - I got my ticket for Cojocaru. I'll have to read reports of the evening performance. There are also some home team people I'm interested in seeing in various roles, but I haven't bought tickets yet. I'm counting on the Met is hard to sell out factor.

I think they put both Osipova and Cojocaru on Saturday because the ticket prices on Saturdays are higher than on weekdays. If you're going to sell out the house with a guest artist, you might as well sell it out on the day when you'll amass the highest income.

abatt --

I agree. The other consideration may have been that Cojocaru was added as a guest performer after the first set of schedules with principal dancers named had been released to the public on the ABT calendar. If ABT were to move another ballerina from a weekday evening performance to a matinee (even a Saturday matinee), I don't know if that displaced ballerina would have been too happy about that.