This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Title of a Dance by Anna Pavlova

Can anyone tell me the title of a dance for which Anna Pavlova might have used music by composer Joseph Achron titled "Hebrew Dance"? Appreciate the help!

Keith Money(page 210) states, that in New York in 1915 quoting The Evening Mail, that “startlingly frank "Hebrew Dance"in which "the voluptuous joy of life quivers through every gesture." Money comments "(This pas de deux, danced with Volinine, used music of Saint-Saens.)"

In the International Dictionary of Ballet it states that Alexandre Volinine was the "Principal dancer in Hebrew Dance (pas de deux; mus, Saint-Saens), Anna Pavlova's Company, New York" in 1915. However in the section on Pavlova I had a quick look and couldn't see that this dance is mentioned.

In the International Dictionary of Ballet it states that Alexandre Volinine was the "Principal dancer in Hebrew Dance (pas de deux; mus, Saint-Saens), Anna Pavlova's Company, New York" in 1915. However in the section on Pavlova I had a quick look and couldn't see that this dance is mentioned.

I think because it was not kept in her repertoire, I think it may have got lost to lists of roles danced. I am thinking that the music was possibly taken from "Samson and Delilah" which features elements of dance and given the tone of the review I referred to above, it have been the "Bacchanale."