This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Has anybody seen this? I didn't even know it was on, and somehow the songs were often on my mind, esp. 'The Telephone Hour'. From what I can tell, it was at the Roundabout and has moved to Henry Miller's Theater. Official website tickets thru Telecharge doesn't work tonight, thus far, and other ticket prices I find ridiculous, even though I thought I might like to see this (all beginning above $100, and most much more). Would still like to know what those who saw it thought, and was also interested that the title song, written for the movie, was included at the end. That should have made it even richer in some ways, as I think the Strouse/Adams score is unique and first-rate. Try and think of another one like it. It's got all kinds of moods in it, and even though a period piece, it weirdly never seems 'dated'. The movie is good 3/4 of the way through, even though leaving out some good songs, but ruined by stupid stuff with 'reverse television scene' and Janet Leigh's unfortunately poor dancing (she was otherwise good, as usual. I'm sure anybody that saw Chita Rivera do it cannot even watch it.)

Has anybody seen this? I didn't even know it was on, and somehow the songs were often on my mind, esp. 'The Telephone Hour'. From what I can tell, it was at the Roundabout and has moved to Henry Miller's Theater. Official website tickets thru Telecharge doesn't work tonight, thus far, and other ticket prices I find ridiculous, even though I thought I might like to see this (all beginning above $100, and most much more). Would still like to know what those who saw it thought, and was also interested that the title song, written for the movie, was included at the end. That should have made it even richer in some ways, as I think the Strouse/Adams score is unique and first-rate. Try and think of another one like it. It's got all kinds of moods in it, and even though a period piece, it weirdly never seems 'dated'. The movie is good 3/4 of the way through, even though leaving out some good songs, but ruined by stupid stuff with 'reverse television scene' and Janet Leigh's unfortunately poor dancing (she was otherwise good, as usual. I'm sure anybody that saw Chita Rivera do it cannot even watch it.)

I have not seen it. The revival did not get positive reviews from the NY critics but if you really want to see it (without the >$100 tickets) there are discounted tickets at the TDF website for some future performances.

I have not seen it. The revival did not get positive reviews from the NY critics but if you really want to see it (without the >$100 tickets) there are discounted tickets at the TDF website for some future performances.

Another source for discounted ticket information is the website - http://www.broadwaybox.com/

They have discount codes posted for Broadway, off-Broadway, and other things.

If you must drive into Manhattan for a performance, Icon Parking offers discounts if you present your ticket stubs along with a printed copy of one of the coupons available here - http://www.iconparkingsystems.com/Promotions_Specials.asp

Happy New Year to all!! :)

I have not seen it, but my mother saw it during one of her trips to NY in the fall. She was really looking forward to it for many of the reasons you mentioned, papeetepatrick, but she came away very disappointed. She felt the production values were not up to Roundabout's standards (and ticket prices) and that casting was generally poor (although surprisingly, she liked Carla Gugino).

I've heard generally good things about the ensemble, but otherwise, it definitely sounds like a weak effort from the Roundabout.