This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Dancers who look alike

:) I will carry forward my post from the earlier thread, when I mentioned the likeness between Aurelie Dupont and Dominique klaufouni. It is not just their features that are similar, but also their way of moving. They both share a lyrical expression and are similar physically although Aurelie may be shorter in stature than Dominique.

Also any likenesses to Margot Fonteyn would be very interesting. If you would be so kind as to state your feelings on this. (Dancers only)

:) I will carry forward my post from the earlier thread, when I mentioned the likeness between Aurelie Dupont and Dominique klaufouni. It is not just their features that are similar, but also their way of moving. They both share a lyrical expression and are similar physically although Aurelie may be shorter in stature than Dominique.

Also any likenesses to Margot Fonteyn would be very interesting. If you would be so kind as to state your feelings on this. (Dancers only)

I happen to think Kathryn Morgan resembles Fonteyn both in looks and style of dancing. Just look at these photos: Margot: http://www.nndb.com/people/765/000113426/margot-fonteyn.jpg

Kathryn: http://www.nycballet.com/company/personnel...tic/morgan.html

Kathryn, while not a fully developed dancer yet, has that ballerina quality that Margot had. They both have beautiful lyrical styles and great interpretations of the roles that they perform. Plus, they both have big beautiful eyes. Does anyone else agree?

:( Yes, I agree there is a definate likeness, between Margot and Kathryn, and what is also interesting is K. would speak english so that avoids the problem of say a Russian accent.

Have you ever heard her speak? Pity the BBC did not look further afield for someone to take Margot's role. The dance element would have been better as well.

I never saw Margot Fonteyn dance live but friends who saw both her and LORENA VIDAL (ex-Northern Ballet Theatre) said that Lorena reminded them of MF in the way she moved and looked.

There are two dancers at Northern Ballet Theatre - Julie Charlet and Micaela Paolacci who have a striking resemblance to each other. When they first joined the company (at the same time) we were always getting them mixed up. One of the young ladies actually told us recently that their colleagues also sometimes still get them mixed up!

I must admit, I've been struggling since Observer first observed a resemblance between Morgan and Fonteyn, and I just can't find it. Nor can I catch canbelto's likeness between Tiler Peck and Patty McBride.

:unsure: Oh, well.

It's the eyes and the shape of the face I do not know Cambelto's two ladies so I cannot answer on that score. I suppose we all see something different in people. A friend who just watched the Margot official documentary said she thought Margot was like the late Princess Margaret. But that is off topic, as we are talking about dancers.