This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB Casting, Week 3 Nuts - Dec. 8-13, 2009

PRINCIPAL CASTING, DECEMBER 8 - 13, 2009

TUESDAY EVENING, DECEMBER 8, 6 PM (Conductor: Otranto)

SUGARPLUM: Bouder; CAVALIER: Veyette; DEWDROP: Reichlen; HERR DROSSELMEIER: Kramarevsky+; MARZIPAN: Morgan; HOT CHOCOLATE: Lowery, la Cour; COFFEE: Pazcoguin; TEA: Schumacher; CANDY CANE: Villalobos; MOTHER GINGER: J. Peck; FLOWERS: Gilliland, Muller; DOLLS: Bachman, Adams; SOLDIER: Laurent; MOUSE KING: Seth; DR & FRAU STAHLBAUM: Higgins, Bar

WEDNESDAY EVENING, DECEMBER 9, 6 PM (Conductor: Otranto)

SUGARPLUM: Mearns; CAVALIER: J. Stafford; DEWDROP: Scheller; HERR DROSSELMEIER: Froman+; MARZIPAN: Pereira; HOT CHOCOLATE: Pazcoguin, Finlay; COFFEE: Gilliland; TEA: Villalobos; CANDY CANE: Huxley; MOTHER GINGER: Thew; FLOWERS: *Morgan, Pollack; DOLLS: Villwock, Segin; SOLDIER: *Alberda; MOUSE KING: J. Peck; DR & FRAU STAHLBAUM: Seth, Lowery

THURSDAY EVENING, DECEMBER 10, 6 PM (Conductor: Sill)

SUGARPLUM: T. Peck; CAVALIER: De Luz; DEWDROP: Bouder; HERR DROSSELMEIER: Kramarevsky+; MARZIPAN: Morgan; HOT CHOCOLATE: Pollack, Alberda; COFFEE: Lowery; TEA: Laurent; CANDY CANE: Schumacher; MOTHER GINGER: J. Peck; FLOWERS: Gilliland, Muller; DOLLS: Bachman, Adams; SOLDIER: Ippolito; MOUSE KING: Seth; DR & FRAU STAHLBAUM: la Cour, Bar

FRIDAY EVENING, DECEMBER 11, 8 PM (Conductor: Otranto)

SUGARPLUM: Scheller; CAVALIER: Garcia; DEWDROP: Mearns; HERR DROSSELMEIER: La Fosse+; MARZIPAN: Pereira; HOT CHOCOLATE: Lowery, la Cour; COFFEE: Pazcoguin; TEA: Schumacher; CANDY CANE: Huxley; MOTHER GINGER: Thew; FLOWERS: Gilliland, Muller; DOLLS: Villwock, Segin; SOLDIER: Alberda; MOUSE KING: J. Peck; DR & FRAU STAHLBAUM: Seth, Bar

SATURDAY MATINEE, DECEMBER 12, 2 PM ( Conductor: Sill)

SUGARPLUM: Reichlen; CAVALIER: la Cour; DEWDROP: Scheller; HERR DROSSELMEIER: Froman+; MARZIPAN: Pereira; HOT CHOCOLATE: Pazcoguin, Finlay; COFFEE: Gilliland; TEA: Villalobos; CANDY CANE: Schumacher; MOTHER GINGER: Thew; FLOWERS: Morgan, Pollack; DOLLS: Bachman, Adams; SOLDIER: Alberda; MOUSE KING: J. Peck; DR & FRAU STAHLBAUM: Seth, Lowery

SATURDAY EVENING, DECEMBER 12, 8 PM (Conductor: Otranto)

SUGARPLUM: Mearns; CAVALIER: J. Stafford; DEWDROP: Bouder; HERR DROSSELMEIER: Kramarevsky+; MARZIPAN: Morgan; HOT CHOCOLATE: Pollack, Alberda; COFFEE: Lowery; TEA: Laurent; CANDY CANE: Villalobos; MOTHER GINGER: J. Peck; FLOWERS: Gilliland, Muller; DOLLS: Villwock, Segin; SOLDIER: Ippolito; MOUSE KING: Seth; DR & FRAU STAHLBAUM: la Cour, Bar

SUNDAY MATINEE, DECEMBER 13, 1 PM (Conductor: Sill)

SUGARPLUM: T. Peck; CAVALIER: De Luz; DEWDROP: Reichlen; HERR DROSSELMEIER: La Fosse+; MARZIPAN: Pereira; HOT CHOCOLATE: Lowery, la Cour; COFFEE: Pazcoguin; TEA: Schumacher; CANDY CANE: Huxley; MOTHER GINGER: Thew; FLOWERS: Morgan, Pollack; DOLLS: Bachman, Adams; SOLDIER: Laurent; MOUSE KING: J. Peck; DR & FRAU STAHLBAUM: Seth, Gilliland

SUNDAY EVENING, DECEMBER 13, 5 PM (Conductor: Otranto)

SUGARPLUM: Scheller; CAVALIER: Garcia; DEWDROP: Mearns; HERR DROSSELMEIER: La Fosse+; MARZIPAN: Morgan; HOT CHOCOLATE: Lowery, la Cour; COFFEE: Pazcoguin; TEA: Schumacher; CANDY CANE: Huxley; MOTHER GINGER: J. Peck; FLOWERS: Gilliland, Muller; DOLLS: Bachman, Adams; SOLDIER: Laurent; MOUSE KING: Seth; DR & FRAU STAHLBAUM: J. Peck, Bar

* First Time in Role

+ Guest Artist

PROGRAM AND CASTING SUBJECT TO CHANGE 12/01/09

For changes and updates, check DeborahB's link, above.

Interesting that, for the family benefit performance this Saturday (Hyltin, Garcia, Scheller) the Co. has abandoned the practice of giving rising dancers debut performances as Sugarplum, Cavalier and Dewdrop. They've been using the benefit that way since I can't remember when (last year it was Pereira and Morgan, if I remember right) - a big change here in company practice during Nutcracker season.

I was wondering the same as Michael. It seems the casting so far hasn't allowed for very many exciting debuts. I think its so much fun to look for the new opportunities during the Nutcracker run...maybe they're saving them for the second half of the run. I hope so anyway!

You're right, few even repeat performances right now for dancers who went into roles last season. Hopefully that will change around xmas week when we usually start to get 2 x performances a day several days, not only Sat. and Sun.. Come to think of it, the practice of Nutcracker Family Benefit debuts was probably connected with the Janet Levin Dancer Designee (award) they were giving each season, it may have originated with that, when a promising dancer (male and female?) in the corps got an asterisk by the name in the program, sort of being anointed as a possible soloist (I can remember Morgan, T. Peck, Abi Stafford, Sterling Hyltin, T. Angle and others getting this) but we don't see that in the program right now either. MP

It could also have something to do with the fact that there are just SO many principals and soloists right now. I would imagine that most of the principals and soloists get their turn in the roles before they can give corps members their chance in the spotlight.

Do you see any candidates for major role debuts? The only one I can think of right now is the possibility of Brittany Pollack, who has been radiant and fleet in allegro roles, as Dewdrop.

If we do get debuts, I'd expect them next week and the week following, as the pattern in the past has been to lump them around Christmas week.

Maybe this is out of nowhere, but I would like to see Gretchen Smith and Megan Johnson in some soloist Nutcracker roles.

Also, I forgot to add this earlier. According to Kathryn Morgan's twitter page, https://twitter.com/KMorganNYCB, she will be dancing Sugarplum on Dec. 18 with Amar Ramasar. Just scroll down a couple entries, and you will see it. Following her on twitter is really fun, hopefully more dancers follow her lead!

According to Kathryn Morgan's twitter page, https://twitter.com/KMorganNYCB, she will be dancing Sugarplum on Dec. 18 with Amar Ramasar.

Not anymore. According to her Twitter entry at 9:26am on 12/4, she's out for the entire Nutcracker run with a sprained ankle. She says she'll be back for winter season, though. And she posted a picture of it later that day showing the swelling ( http://www.eyetweet.net/twitt/22486/62203 ), though she indicated today that the swelling has gone down.