This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

At 1:00 p.m. ET, Medici TV began broadcasting a live web feed of a concert performance of Mozart's Don Giovanni from the Verbier Festival in Switzerland. The cast features Bryn Terfel (Don Giovanni), René Pape (Leporello), Anna Samuil (Donna Anna), Michael Schade (Don Ottavio), Annette Dasch (Donna Elvira), Sylvia Schwartz (Zerlina), Robert Gleadow (Masetto) and Thomas Quasthoff (the Commendatore). Manfred Honeck is conducting.

http://www.medici.tv

The account takes less than a minute to set up/click the verification link from a confirmation email.

I'm listening to the start of "Don Giovanni" now, waiting for the Lang Lang concert to start in 10.

Thank you so much again, volcanohunter!

At this rate, I don't think I'm every going to buy a CD again. There's too much live music on the Internet, and not enough time to listen to it all.

I guess it depends on how much time you spend in front of your PC or laptop. I still buy CDs regularly, for convenience and to aid our local book and music store in these troubled times. These live feeds are great, though.

At this rate, I don't think I'm every going to buy a CD again. There's too much live music on the Internet, and not enough time to listen to it all.

I know what you mean. I've amassed so many CDs over the past 23 years that I don't have enough time to listen to them all, let alone keep up with all the stuff on the internet. Of course I often need to content myself with listening to rather than watching web feeds, but I'm grateful to those opera houses, concert halls and festivals that recognize the value in making their performances available to any and all that are interested. I don't know whether they gain anything financially by doing so, but I give them credit for being propagandists for the arts.