This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sylvia micro-site

I am really tempted to go to NY to see the Wednesday performance, but the only seat I can afford is a balcony box, which is described as having a partial view. Is this worth it?

Don't!! You will hardly see anything. You might as well go to the Family Circle. Bring a good binocular.

I am really tempted to go to NY to see the Wednesday performance, but the only seat I can afford is a balcony box, which is described as having a partial view. Is this worth it?

Well, I would say so. To start, the score is absolutely gorgeous.

On the other side, some of the ABT performances of Sylvia have been rather rough; the ballerina role is a killer and the corps have had a tough time coping with the steps. Still, I'm going to try to catch a performance again this year, who knows when the chance will turn up again.

Be careful with the Balcony Box seats. You do not want seats 5 or 6 in any box. They are on a platform and the view is limited. You will have to stand to see

much of the stage. Seats 1-4 in each of the boxes are more variable, if you don't mind twisting your neck a lot, you can see tolerably well.

Thank you both for the advice. If I'm able to go, I think I'll just spend the extra $7 and get a Family Circle seat.

Back on topic, I had noticed the Sylvia micro-site--it looks lovely and contains a synopsis, biographies of Ashton and Délibes, and more. Thank you, ABT. :)

Thank you both for the advice. If I'm able to go, I think I'll just spend the extra $7 and get a Family Circle seat.

Back on topic, I had noticed the Sylvia micro-site--it looks lovely and contains a synopsis, biographies of Ashton and Délibes, and more. Thank you, ABT. :bow:

For the same price as a FC seat, you can get a Dress Circle (or any level) stand. Stand (for the first act) with me! It's a good vantage point.

BTW, Mat or Eve?

Everyone, I urge you to view the mini-site promptly. I delayed with the previous On the Dneiper mini-site, and when I went back, it had been disabled.

Back on topic, I had noticed the Sylvia micro-site--it looks lovely and contains a synopsis, biographies of Ashton and Délibes, and more. Thank you, ABT. :bow:

For the same price as a FC seat, you can get a Dress Circle (or any level) stand. Stand (for the first act) with me! It's a good vantage point.

BTW, Mat or Eve?

Everyone, I urge you to view the mini-site promptly. I delayed with the previous On the Dneiper mini-site, and when I went back, it had been disabled.

Sylvia does'nt seem to be selling well . Even the night with D Vishneva has a lot of seats available. It might not be one of Ashton's best ballet but it is still,imo, a lovely ballet.I urge people to see it.We might not get to see it again for a while.

Hans, the balcony boxes can be ok if you don't mind a view from the side. Get seat 2 or 3 and you will see 80-90% of the stage. Forget about any other seat in those boxes. If you can stretch your budget a bit Goldstar is offering Orch balance seats at 38.50 + 7.50 service charge. Hope to see you there - I'll be in a balcony box!

http://www.goldstar.com/events/new-york-city-ny/sylvia.html