This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet Clue!

Hans, Ami, Helene and I in a raucous conversation after Corsaire (I credit Hans for the brilliant idea of mini golf during Jardin Anime. I merely wanted lawn ornaments) figured out a new game - Ballet Clue.

By the end, we had figured out that -

It was Giselle in the Kingdom of the Shades with the Spindle.

Create your own and play along!

The Jester in the Ballroom with a firebird feather.
I've often thought of the Jester as a desirable victim rather than a perpetrator. :tiphat: I think we had a thread on this once.

The Sonnambula at the Filling Station with Clara's (or Marie's?) shoe.

Hans, Ami, Helene and I in a raucous conversation after Corsaire (I credit Hans for the brilliant idea of mini golf during Jardin Anime. I merely wanted lawn ornaments)....

Well I always had thoughts of the Red Queen and "Off With Their Heads"..scene just needs a few supers dressed as playing cards.

:dry::rofl::devil::lol::P

Sheesh -- I just returned home a little while ago to see that Leigh has already continued our silliness! (And I still am secretly hoping for an Easter Egg Roll in the Jardin!)

Perhaps it was Miss Julie (who had a whip) joining forces with the Accused (who we all know was Lizzie Bordon with an Ax) who ran away to Dancers at a Gathering to do who knows what.

Um, Tybalt in the Veronese piazza with a sword? :unsure:
carbro, I misread this at first and spent some time trying to recall a ballet in which "Veronese pizza" had a role. :blush:

I remember an updating of Cosi fan Tutte which Jonathan Miller set in a 1950s diner. So why not Tarantella and Pulcinella at a Neapolitan pizza stand. Then, there's Spartacus (pizza a la Romana), Taming of the Shrew (pizza piccante), and even Manon (pizza puttanesca).

And how about Tharp's long-promised "Ten Sinatra Songs" (with the addition of "When the Moon Hits your Eye Like a Big Pizza Pie" etc.). If you keep your fingers in your ears and pay no attention to phrasing, Dean Martin DOES sound a little like Sinatra.