This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Kaitlyn Galliland's Ballet Shoes in Auction for Foster Care Fundra

Here's the notice we received:

Many Hollywood stars are shining light on a new event to help foster care children. Celebs are joining forces with Hillsides, a L.A. foster care children’s charity, to launch its first annual online auction — Foster Soles.

The auction will be selling celebrity autographed shoes to help raise awareness of foster care issues during Foster Care Awareness Month.

The auction will take place Thursday, April 30th from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Bar Celona in Old Pasadena. Whoever bids on the 30th will get a chance to vie for celebrity shoes with online visitors until the auction’s closing date, May 9th.

Kaitlyn Gilliland has donated an autographed pair of her ballet shoes.

Link to view all the shoes, including Kaitlyn’s: http://www.hillsides.org/

It's an online auction at eBay, and bidding closes Saturday. The shoes are listed under "Autographed Prima Ballerina Ballet Slippers" on Page 2, just under Jennifer Love-Hewitt's Autographed Shoes.

This is a great idea for a charity event. I wonder how Kaitlyn was chosen for this?

On a related but different topic...does anyone know where Kaitlyn's little sister Raina is dancing these days? I lost track of her after her SAB workshop performances. I was in a summer intensive with her years ago and remember her being an incredible dancer with great potential.

On a related but different topic...does anyone know where Kaitlyn's little sister Raina is dancing these days? I lost track of her after her SAB workshop performances. I was in a summer intensive with her years ago and remember her being an incredible dancer with great potential.

Raina is currently a student at School of American Ballet. She did not appear in last year's Workshop because she was recovering from an injury.

It isn't unusual for people outside the dance world to refer to any little girl who takes ballet classes as a ballerina, and it isn't a grande jete to labeling a member of a famous company as a prima ballerina.

Ms Gilliland is probably embarrassed, but she shouldn't be. It is a worthy charity, and I hope it raises lots of money. :D

I know, I know! I'm just an old curmudgeon. :D Also, my own ballet dancer daughter does not accept the appellation of "ballerina" except when delivered with affection by someone who knows her. She probably would have insisted the charity correct their mistake. I too hope the charity does well.