This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Lincoln Center Renovation

I passed by Lincoln Center yesterday and it looks like they have lots of work to do to complete their face lift. I found attending performances at the Met were made unpleasant by the construction process so much so that I decided to wait for it to be completed before going back.

Does any one know what the completion date is?

It was planned to finish in time for the 50th Anniversary of Lincoln Center.

I wouldn't hold my breath. There is so much yet to be done.

You can still access the Met via the staircase to the west of Fisher Hall & avoid the boarded-up Plaza. Or enter downstairs west of the parking garage on 65 St & avoid all the upstairs mess. But then you encounter the downstairs mess.

SanderO, I just came from the Met (box office) a few hours ago, and compared to the state of the plaza during NYCB's winter season, this was a huge improvement! Instead of just one small section of steps from the street to the plaza, there are now two fairly wide sections. As one who travels to Lincoln Center by foot from the north, I was cutting through Avery Fisher Hall to get to NYST/DHKT in January and February. That no longer seems the most efficient route. :wallbash:

Brave and dedicated you are! I am going to wait this out because I see lots of troubled waters ahead. Aside from the economic downturn, the disruptive construction, the arts/performance companies which "make" the complex seem to be rudderless lately. None of this compels me to set my foot inside the complex.

I think I'll wait for the storm to pass.

The World Trade Center will take over 30 years to build, across the street Fordham University has spent 3+ years getting approval for the expansion of the LC campus. NYC construction firms are notorious for delays. NYC has only built two new subway stations in the past 30 years, South Ferry and Jamaica. I love NYC but hate delays and waste.