This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Dallas Symphony Orchestra at the Arsht Center, Miami

I will be celebrating the end of my school semester tonight by seeing the Dallas Symphony Orchestra at the Arsht Center, with Pinchas Zukerman as the conductor & violin and Amanda Forsyth playing the cello.

This will be the program:

Stravinsky: Concerto in D for Strings

Schumann: Symphony No. 2

Brahms: Concerto for Violin, Cello and Orchestra

Oh, I'm so happy...!!!

:):P:D:lol::)

Oh, it was beautiful. I don't know if it was me and my personal state of mind or the music, but I recall last night with such a pleasant feeling...as if the music seemed to float all around. Schumann's Symphony # 2 was absolutely beautiful, from the slow introduction of its mini-fanfarre to the splendid, virile climax. Brahms' Concerto was like all vintage Brahms, full of passion and rich with melody. The cello solist, Amanda Forsyth, was very captivating in her interpretation-(as well as her model-like looks... :( ), and she got a great ovation at the end. And then Stravinsky's Concerto in D...which I didn't know was the music for The Cage...definitely I want to see the ballet now. Where can I get a recording of it-(if there is any)...?

I had a great night...