This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tina LeBlanc Retirement

Rachel Howard writes about Tina LeBlanc's scheduled retirement at the end of this season; it will include a gala performance on 9 May. I assume the evening performance, which is not on the calendar yet.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...001&sc=1000

The coming season will bring opportunity aplenty to see LeBlanc go out on a high, with her cast in "Swan Lake," Antony Tudor's dramatic "Jardin aux Lilas," Christopher Wheeldon's "Within the Golden Hour" and Balanchine's jazzy "Rubies." Her dancing may be spectacular, but it is never about flash, a value she hopes to pass on to young dancers by pursuing a career in teaching. "If I can pass on some of what I've learned to give a younger dancer a step up, I'd be happy," she says.

I have every finger and toe crossed that she'll be dancing Odette/Odile in one of the two performances for which I have tickets.

Rachel Howard writes about Tina LeBlanc's scheduled retirement at the end of this season...

BUMMER!!!!!!!

I have every finger and toe crossed that she'll be dancing Odette/Odile...

Ditto...I'm seeing three SLs and two Jewels; somebody is going to have some explaining to do if she doesn't turn up in one of them!

Edited to add:

I'm glad that serious injury from 2007 isn't the way her career ended. At least she's able to retire as a dancer should: healthy and still delighting her fans so we can give her a proper farewell. It's still a bummer, though. :flowers: