This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Makarova & Baryshnikov GISELLE videocassette

as a videophile, i continue to look to see what out-of-print vids are being re-sold.

if/when i find any i think of interest to BT i'll post them.

meanwhile, linc.cent. is still SUPPOSED to be planning to reissue these Live From Lincoln Center programs as its golden anniversary kicks in. tho' when ballet will be addressed and when/if the Makarova GISELLE and SWAN LAKE will be included remains to be seen.

as a videophile, i continue to look to see what out-of-print vids are being re-sold.

if/when i find any i think of interest to BT i'll post them.

meanwhile, linc.cent. is still SUPPOSED to be planning to reissue these Live From Lincoln Center programs as its golden anniversary kicks in. tho' when ballet will be addressed and when/if the Makarova GISELLE and SWAN LAKE will be included remains to be seen.

I wouldn't mind seeing the R&J with Makarova where McKenzie forgot to take off his warmups for the death scene.

I lost my taped video of this years ago. I'm guessing that will never be released though :wink:

something that was regularly done with Live/Linc.C. was to shoot a dress reh. or a prev. peformance just in case anything went awry with the live telecast. so, if that pattern was followed, a xommercial release could include the live, first 2 acts and a previously recorded act 3.

we'll have to wait, howeer, to see if any of this comes to pass.

I wouldn't mind seeing the R&J with Makarova where McKenzie forgot to take off his warmups for the death scene.

I lost my taped video of this years ago. I'm guessing that will never be released though :clapping:

Believe it or not, someone's put the infamous tomb scene on Youtube. It was extraordinarily acted, only with sweats , though perhaps the knowledge of the presence of those warm-up pants made his acting better. Mr McKenzie did look suitably chagrined when he came out for curtain calls, sans trousers.

emi