This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

europeana.eu

Here is an article about the huge digitization project of the EU. Here is an example from europeana.eu: the painting Les coulisses de l'Opéra de Paris .

Thank you for directing is to this site. I stopped after about 250 illustrations because I now know where to go again. It is a joy to peruse and I will be visiting it again. I was much taken by a painting of the interior of the interior that I had to google to find out more about him. The architectural drawings made for the construction(?) are fascinating as are illustration of performers. Merci beaucoup.

Leonid

Here is an article about the huge digitization project of the EU. Here is an example from europeana.eu: the painting Les coulisses de l'Opéra de Paris .

Thank you for directing is to this site. I stopped after about 250 illustrations because I now know where to go again. It is a joy to peruse and I will be visiting it again. I was much taken by a painting of the interior of the interior that I had to google to find out more about him. The architectural drawings made for the construction(?) are fascinating as are illustration of performers. Merci beaucoup.

Leonid

My pleasure!

According to The Guardian Weekly they are hoping to have 10m items by 2010 including old maritime maps, recordings of every birdcall in Britain and and broadcasts from the French national archives... a real treasure trove!