This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB Casting Winter Rep Season 2009 Week 1

The casting is up for the first week of rep at City Ballet. Go to their official website for the info. (Sorry, I don't know how to link it.) I'm disturbed that Ashley Bouder is not listed. I also noticed she was removed from various recent Nutcracker performances. I hope she's not injured. Even more disturbing, they have listed Boree for the Voices of Spring allegro section of Vienna Waltzes - all performances!

Yes, conspicuously absent are Bouder and Ulbricht. Janie Taylor missed several scheduled Nuts, and I see she's not listed first week. Outside of that, I think the only other principals and soloists not listed are J. Stafford, R. Fairchild and Craig Hall.

I rather love the idea of Tiler Peck as Coppelia!

Outside of that, I think the only other principals and soloists not listed are J. Stafford, R. Fairchild and Craig Hall.

At a recent NYCB seminar, Jonathan Stafford said he would be out this season, as he was having an operation (don't recall on what part of the body, but the seminar is available in 3 parts on the NYCB website).

-amanda

Outside of that, I think the only other principals and soloists not listed are J. Stafford, R. Fairchild and Craig Hall.

At a recent NYCB seminar, Jonathan Stafford said he would be out this season, as he was having an operation (don't recall on what part of the body, but the seminar is available in 3 parts on the NYCB website).

-amanda

Thanks for the info -- hopefully, he'll have a quick recovery.

leaving the theater on dec. 24 mat. i noticed bouder heading uptown on foot, w/ her right? foot in a boot cast. i have no idea how long this has been the case with her foot nor what the seriousness of the reason for the cast might be.

... Why, oh, why, do we have Darci in Vienna? I'm beyond dismayed now. The times are such that spending big bucks to see a dancer way past her prime is just outrageous.

Agree, Bobbi. I hope, when she has her retirement Gala, that people will remember her from when she was NYCB's Prima Ballerina, rather than just in terms of the terrible miscastings late in her career. After all, should we blame the miscast dancer or the one who miscasts her? At least Maria Kowroski is back in Chaconne!

Regarding other 'missing' dancers, rg's mention of the Bouder boot cast is terrible news, and I hope it won't lead to her losing her Mariinsky Don Quixote. As for Craig Hall, he just danced After the Rain (PdD) to great acclaim in Moscow Sunday (Ratmansky Farewell Gala), so I would not be worried about him.

While Farrell's role in "Vienna Waltzes" was choreographed in 1977, she did dance the role for her retirement nine years later after her hip replacement surgery, and it was also Stephanie Saland's last role in the 1993 Balanchine Celebration. Technically, it isn't the most challenging role, danced in satin shoes and with the sumptuous white satin gown hiding the legs and often the feet.

I hope, when she has her retirement Gala ...
I loved Darci, but I do not plan to be there.
Technically, it isn't the most challenging role, danced in satin shoes and with the sumptuous white satin gown hiding the legs and often the feet.
Darci hasn't danced a technically demanding role in years. Nonetheless, as her prowess wanes, she seems to feel the need to compensate and fills her performances with mannerisms.