This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Old ballet scores

Does anyone know if any of the ballet scores that are no longer in repertoire still exist? Some that I am particularly interested in are

Pugni's "Terpischore"

Pugni's "Titania"

Pugni's "Two Stars"

Minkus's "Roxana"

Minkus's "La Fille des Neiges"

Minkus's "Mlada"

Minkus's "La Nuit et le Jour"

Oldenburg's "La Rose, La Violette et le Papillon"

Any information would be great! Thanks

Does anyone know if any of the ballet scores that are no longer in repertoire still exist? Some that I am particularly interested in are

Pugni's "Terpischore"

Pugni's "Titania"

Pugni's "Two Stars"

Minkus's "Roxana"

Minkus's "La Fille des Neiges"

Minkus's "Mlada"

Minkus's "La Nuit et le Jour"

Oldenburg's "La Rose, La Violette et le Papillon"

Any information would be great! Thanks

I don't have much info, but I have found a catalouge-entry in the music collection of the National Library in Copenhagen of a preserved set of parts (might be incomplete though) to a 'War Dance' from Roxana, that was published by Büttner in St Petersburg.

Perhaps your best starting point would be the Harvard University Library Theatre Collection.

According to wikipedia the following archives/libraries hold collections of Pugni's work.

"An extensive archive of Cesare Pugni's music is to be found in the archives of the Paris Conservatoire, which is today incorporated in the Department of Music of the Bibliothèque nationale de France. The Milan Conservatory holds a substantial collection of Pugni's early compositions. Some manuscripts of the ballets of Perrot are held in the British Library, as well as the Paris Conservatoire.

Many of these ballets, along with most others Pugni composed in London and St. Petersburg were published first in piano reduction. The Bibliothèque nationale de France holds many complete scores of the ballets Pugni composed for Arthur Saint-Léon, including the original orchestral parts for The Little Humpbacked Horse.

The greatest archive of Pugni's original scores is held in archives of the St. Petersburg Central Music Library, which contains nearly every ballet Pugni wrote while in Russia (including revisions to other works created for other theatres abroad). Another archive of Pugni's work is to be found in the Harvard University Library Theatre Collection, which holds the famous Sergeyev Collection.

"