This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT Met Season 2009

More complete casting for ABT's ALL-PROKOFIEV CELEBRATION is now on the ABT web site. A lot of people seem to be getting a chance at principal roles. I think it's great!

I hope they also list the individual dancers for "Airs" and not just company. Hee Seo and A Hammoudi seems to be frontrunners for promotions. NYsusan must be thrilled :unsure:

More complete casting for ABT's ALL-PROKOFIEV CELEBRATION is now on the ABT web site. A lot of people seem to be getting a chance at principal roles. I think it's great!

I hope they also list the individual dancers for "Airs" and not just company. Hee Seo and A Hammoudi seems to be frontrunners for promotions. NYsusan must be thrilled :)

You got that right! I'm very happy to see Hammoudi and so many other talented ABT corps members getting chances to develop and to be seen in solo roles. I'm very happy with the casting I see for the Prokofiev program, though I also wonder what happened to my old favorite Zhong-Jing Fang. I'm sure Hee Seo will be wonderful in La Sylphide, but Fang would be wonderful, too

I hope they also list the individual dancers for "Airs" and not just company. Hee Seo and A Hammoudi seems to be frontrunners for promotions. NYsusan must be thrilled :)

You got that right! I'm very happy to see Hammoudi and so many other talented ABT corps members getting chances to develop and to be seen in solo roles. I'm very happy with the casting I see for the Prokofiev program, though I also wonder what happened to my old favorite Zhong-Jing Fang. I'm sure Hee Seo will be wonderful in La Sylphide, but Fang would be wonderful, too

Although i was disappointed that i will not be able to see N Osipova on June 19, i was hoping that ABT would finally give Zhong jing a chance. Unfortunately, not this season. Still, like you, i'm sure Hee will also be wonderful in the role.

Although i was disappointed that i will not be able to see N Osipova on June 19, i was hoping that ABT would finally give Zhong jing a chance. Unfortunately, not this season. Still, like you, i'm sure Hee will also be wonderful in the role.

Zhong was lovely a number of years ago in Les Sylphides. She doesn't seem to be cast much these days in soloist roles (correct me if I'm wrong). Perhaps she is one of those lovely dancers who doesn't manage to impress management in the right way at the right time. It is a tough business.

None the less I'm truly delighted that so many corps members & soloists are being given principal roles at the Met. I haven't purchased all of my tickets yet. I'm still deciding on what Prokofiev performance to choose. What does everyone else think?

I'm still deciding on what Prokofiev performance to choose. What does everyone else think?

I had an impossible time deciding on that one so I splurged and selected one Boone/Corella and one Wiles/Stiefel P.S.. I am excited to see what Kristi Boone brings to the role. She really caught my eye in Jardin Aux Lilas in the "episode from the past" part: a very lush and dramatic dancer. And now that the casts for Dneiper are up, I am suddenly so excited for the season and the chance to see all these beautiful dancers in all their glorious configurations (D. Vishneva, A. Hammoudi, etc. etc. etc.!) Lets hope for no injuries.

I haven't purchased all of my tickets yet. I'm still deciding on what Prokofiev performance to choose. What does everyone else think?

After much deliberation I decided to indulge myself and bought tickets to the first two performances. The deciding factors were Part and Vishneva, although I really wanted to see The Prodigal Son with Corella and Boone, too.

I really want to see Stiefel in PS, and a business trip means that there are a few performances of this program I just won't be able to see so I bought tickets for opening night and figured that would be it for me. Now with the announced casting for the other 2 pieces I know I will at least go to the Saturday matinee and if I really love the program I might do a double and pick up a last minute ticket for Sat evening. There are so many favorites cast it's hard to make the decision to skip seeing any of them!

I really want to see Stiefel in PS, and a business trip means that there are a few performances of this program I just won't be able to see so I bought tickets for opening night and figured that would be it for me. Now with the announced casting for the other 2 pieces I know I will at least go to the Saturday matinee and if I really love the program I might do a double and pick up a last minute ticket for Sat evening. There are so many favorites cast it's hard to make the decision to skip seeing any of them!

Thank you for that post, I agree Stiefel PS could be great so I am probably going with Sat. mat. I'm a Lane fan so that also works in that respect. Lane is also Thurs. with Boone in PS which is also tempting, but Stiefel is the deciding factor for me.