This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB in Copenhagen

*So* good to see that Ellen Bar is back in Agon! I saw her in this role (Hayden's) a couple of years ago, and thought she looked just terrific in it -- and Hall and Danchig-Waring will complement her perfectly. My Ellen Bar wish list: The Siren in Prodigal Son and Farrell's role in Davidsbündlertänze. (A Mearns, Bar, Taylor and A. Stafford line-up in that ballet would be hard to beat.)

And speaking of Taylor, I'd love to see that Serenade debut!

*So* good to see that Ellen Bar is back in Agon! I saw her in this role (Hayden's) a couple of years ago, and thought she looked just terrific in it -- and Hall and Danchig-Waring will complement her perfectly. My Ellen Bar wish list: The Siren in Prodigal Son and Farrell's role in Davidsbündlertänze. (A Mearns, Bar, Taylor and A. Stafford line-up in that ballet would be hard to beat.)

I actually had the opposite reaction to Ellen Bar in Agon. I thought she was not sufficiently angular in her movements. The angularity of movement is key. I felt the same way when I saw Ellen Bar do the solist role in Rubies in June. I prefer Tess R. in these roles. I prefer Ellen Bar in roles calling for fluid upper body movement.

I don't know how he did it, but Marc Haegeman has seen it already!

Taylor was subtle, a bundle of light-footed energy but hiding something tragic underneath.

:wink: No, wait, that's from a review of a London performance in March. The actual debut took place the week before at the Kennedy Center. Once in a while in Washington, we get lucky.

Taylor was subtle, a bundle of light-footed energy but hiding something tragic underneath.

:wink: No, wait, that's from a review of a London performance in March. The actual debut took place the week before at the Kennedy Center. Once in a while in Washington, we get lucky.

Hmmm ... I saw the "*" for "First Time in Role" and thought it meant, you know, "Debut" ...

Perhaps Taylor danced the Russian Girl in London and is moving on to Waltz Girl in Copenhagen?

Hmmm ... I saw the "*" for "First Time in Role" and thought it meant, you know, "Debut" ...

Perhaps Taylor danced the Russian Girl in London and is moving on to Waltz Girl in Copenhagen?

Sorry, I should have been clear. She danced the Waltz Girl. Perhaps she'll be the Russian Girl in Copenhagen.