This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Jamie Bishton Gets Married!

So, if you're like me, one of the highlights of any Sunday is reading the wedding announcements in the Sunday Styles section of the New York Times. [Carrie Bradshaw's comment that "the wedding announcements in the Sunday Times are the women's sports pages" applies to at least some portion of the gay male populace as well.]

Anyway, this week's edition has the wedding announcement for Twyla Tharp/White Oak Dance Project dancer Bishton and his partner. The announcement is actually a nice read compared to the usual, tiresome announcements involving Ivy League schools/country day schools/investment banks/Palm Beach. Check it out if you get the chance!

I wish we could see more dancer wedding announcements in the Times! [i'm still waiting for the Abrera/Radetsky announcement -- "The groom is well-known to enthusiasts of the Oxygen network for his portrayal of Charlie in the film Center Stage."]

It's really a sweet article.

You'd think I'd be an early adopter on same sex marriages considering that I am busy knitting socks as wedding gifts for my friends Randy and Jim who are tying the knot in SF at the end of the month. (Actually, if anything could make me anti-same-sex marriage it's the prospect of yet more socks to knit . . .)

But no - I saw the thread title and thought, "Jamie's getting MARRIED?" I worked with him briefly on a very funny project, helping my friend Matt clean an ersatz Fosse number at Wigstock '99 where Jamie and dancers from Mark Morris and Cunningham et al. were backup dancers for Girlina. "Jamie's getting MARRIED??? To who????" Then I read the article. Oh!

The announcement is actually a nice read compared to the usual, tiresome announcements involving Ivy League schools/country day schools/investment banks/Palm Beach.

Ahem, just a marriage between a VP Marketing and a "family wealth management adviser" with a law degree :wink: (I'll be more astonished when a plumber marrying a mail carrier make it to the NYT.)

But :) that they can and :lol: that they did.

Which man is which? The groom on the left has a fantastic smile and the groom on the right is swoonworthy.

Oh, the part about the "VP for Marketing" and the "family wealth management adviser" didn't bother me. Believe me when I say I've read much worse!

I just like how they wrote the whole thing. It was charming and they had fun with it -- such a welcome change from so many of the grimly self-important announcements that populate the Sunday Styles wedding page. I didn't even mind the reference to the country club.

I wish they had received the coveted "feature" on the wedding pages. Did Misha and Mark Morris go to the wedding? Was Twyla Tharp the Best Woman?? Where is the Enquirer when you really need them! :wub: