This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Any current info on these RB stars?

toeprints

Does anyone have current information on a few of my favorite Royal Ballet dancers - Anthony Dowell, Lynn Seymour, David Wall, Merle Park, or Antoinette Sibley?

I know Sir Anthony retired from RB as AD in 2001, and Lynn left the Greek National Ballet last year. I believe Dame Merle retired from the RB Dance School a few years ago. However, all of these dancers were so talented, I hoped that they continued to teach or run a school or company.

Thank you for your help.

David Wall was ballet master of English National Ballet until a short time ago. He did a remarkable job and was very highly spoken of. He has now officially retired, though I'm not certain that he has entirely stopped working. I saw him at a performance only a month or so ago with his wife, the former ballerina Alfreda Thorogood.

David Wall was ballet master of English National Ballet until a short time ago. He did a remarkable job and was very highly spoken of. He has now officially retired, though I'm not certain that he has entirely stopped working. I saw him at a performance only a month or so ago with his wife, the former ballerina Alfreda Thorogood.

Thank you for the info on David. I have to keep reminding myself that most of my favorite dancers are of retirement age now. I hope he will teach or give master classes, etc.