This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Dominique Delouche: Ballet Cineaste

among the comments made by Delouche in his commentary as part of the little festival held at NYC's Walter Reade Theater were two in answer to questions about the possibilities of his making further films of English-speaking dancers:

to the first of such questions i heard, he assumed this meant American and said something like: Well is Miss Farrell listening/interested?

in subsequent answer to a question specifically about Royal Ballet veterans, with the questioner naming Dowell and Sibley, Delouche thought these sounded good, and then put the name of Lynn Seymour in the list of possibilities.

it would seem that while the US distributor, VAI waits to release more than just Delouche's KATIA ET VOLODIA and MAIA films it now has on DVD (w/ Chauvire promised for the fall), the european distributor DORIANE at DORIANE.COM i believe, has the full roster of DD's films on its site, in 'all-region' DVDs.

among the comments made by Delouche in his commentary as part of the little festival held at NYC's Walter Reade Theater were two in answer to questions about the possibilities of his making further films of English-speaking dancers:

to the first of such questions i heard, he assumed this meant American and said something like: Well is Miss Farrell listening/interested?

I certainly hope so. Or perhaps someone here on Ballet Talk to bring it to her attention. :wink::wink: