This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Record number of fouettes?

Tymps

In Suzanne Farrell's autobiography, she mentions that when she was 14, she was able to do 114 fouettes (consecutively, of course). I was wondering, is there a record number? Has anyone heard of (or seen) a ballerina (or other dancer) performing more than 114 fouettes?

Thanks!

Then there is the matter of multiples. For this record, would a triple be counted as 1 or 3? Marianela Nunez did a quintuple in performance (can still be seen on You Tube, if you look for Nunez/5). Is this a record for multiples? Since someone can do five rotations, maybe true artists will quit this push for triples and artistry will matter more. What makes a perfect single?

What about musicality and beauty?

Marianela Nunez did a quintuple in performance (can still be seen on You Tube, if you look for Nunez/5). Is this a record for multiples?
Thanks, drb. You are an awe-inspiring source of links. :clapping:

I notice that the "category" the poster for this video chose was "sports." Listening to the crowd, this certainly seems appropriate. Who was that other guy on stage? Her trainer/spotter? An umpire? Someone from the Guinness Book of Records? :helpsmilie:

:smilie_

I was told that Yoko Morishita (remember her?) would get up at parties and do 100 fouttes at the drop of a hat.

:) Was she powered by the beverage, it seems perhaps she could not stand on two feet !!!!

Archived