This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

La Boheme at the Artsh Center.Sat.april 12.

Tonight i went to see La Boheme at the Artsh Center. I must say that i just saw the best Mimi I've seen in years, thanks to the powerful voice of Cuban soprano Elizabeth Caballero. If somebody have the opportunity to attend one of her performances, please do so. The woman is amazing. Joining her in the cast were James Valenti as Rodolfo, Jill Gardner as Musetta, Troy Cook as Marcello, Corey Crider as Schaunard, Tom Corbeil as Colline, and Stefan Szkafarowsky as Benoit and Alcindoro. The orchestra was masterly conducted by Alberto Veronese, artistic and music director of the Puccini Festival at Torre del Lago. Bravo! :)

http://www.elizabethcaballero.com/caballero%20press.htm

Thank you, cubanmiamiboy. La Boheme is a favorite of mine, although I suppose it's a very obvious choice....

It doesn't matter how obvious, the First Act is of such perfection in its structure and inspiration that it is never less than startling (if well sung.) Except for 'Tosca', I don't think he ever writes as beautifully again, and even that does not carry you on as if on a cloud of enchantment from the artists' garret ending up with Musetta's marvelous ability to be vain in an endearing way. And even though 'Tosca' has the musical inspiration, it has not the uncanny perfection. All the characters in 'Boheme' are alive.

Thank you, cubanmiamiboy. La Boheme is a favorite of mine, although I suppose it's a very obvious choice....

dirac, LB has always been a big time winner among the Florida Grand Opera productions, (although Tosca was veeery popular this season).

All the characters in 'Boheme' are alive.

Isn't Musetta specially lovely...? (always loved her character :smilie_mondieu: )