This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

When they came to my area years ago, my daughter was one of the local kids they chose to be in their children's show, "The Velveteen Rabbit". Aside from the fact that my own kiddo was in it (her first "partnering" experience!..well, sorta... :clapping: ) I found it very appealing. I especially loved the high energy all the dancers possessed and KT Nelson, the choreographer, did a terrific job.

It was one of the nicest experiences in my daughter's childhood dance life. :wallbash:

ODC Dance (apparently also know as the Oberlin Dance Collective) will be in Boulder on Saturday (Apr. 12). Has anyone seen a performance by this group? Does anyone know anyone who has seen a performance by this group?

I would certainly recommend them, though I haven't seen them too recently. but colleagues in the Bay Area have been quite pleased with the work.

I did end up going, or at least going to 75 percent of the performance. The dancers were amazingly athletic. Beyond that, however, the show didn't do anything for me. For my taste, it was too repetitious and mechanical. There seemed to be a lot of "filler". I felt no emotion at any point in the performance; in fact, I found myself entertaining thoughts of a futuristic society in which all emotion has been eliminated.