This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Further aspect of Ballet Russes on Sydney beach

In my copy of Cyril Beaumont's Ballet Design Past and Present, I found on page 156, a photograph of a scene from a ballet called Beach with design by Raoul Dufy. The pose of the dancers is exactly that of the pose by Petrof and the female dancers in the selection of home movie clips mentioned elsewhere. The ballet was choreographed by Massine and performed in Monte Carlo in 1933. The home movies on the beach were made later. I like to think of the dancers having a spot of word play and dancing Beach on a beach.

In my copy of Cyril Beaumont's Ballet Design Past and Present, I found on page 156, a photograph of a scene from a ballet called Beach with design by Raoul Dufy. The pose of the dancers is exactly that of the pose by Petrof and the female dancers in the selection of home movie clips mentioned elsewhere. The ballet was choreographed by Massine and performed in Monte Carlo in 1933. The home movies on the beach were made later. I like to think of the dancers having a spot of word play and dancing Beach on a beach.

Are you talking about the clips also showing some solo fragments of Toumanova ...?